• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Auto-lead Data Format (ADF)

Also does it hurt if the ADF email is built to have both xml attachment and xml in the body of the email?

We were told by multiple vendors that this didn't work.
Basically, we ran into 4 vendor situations:

1 - Vendor only accepts ADF attachments
2 - Vendor only accepts plain text ADF body contents
3 - Vendor can accept either or both safely
4 - Vendor accepts either, but if both are provided it creates a duplicate

You can't count on any vendors in this industry to make your life easy :)

Yes, and that is pretty much what you're going to see time and time again. Until a real force causes the change or disruption.

Sorry @Jeff Kershner ha!

Pretty interesting software (don't think they're automotive-centric), if you're diving heavily into FB spend.

Integrate Facebook Lead Ads with ADF/XML (automotive)
https://leadsbridge.com/integrations/facebook-lead-ads/adf-xml-automotive

Integrate Facebook Lead Ads with Car Dealer CRMs through ADF/XML format
https://leadsbridge.com/documentati...s-with-car-dealer-crms-through-adfxml-format/

Integrate Facebook Offline Conversions with ADF/XML (automotive)
https://leadsbridge.com/integrations/facebook-offline-conversions/adf-xml-automotive

And therein lies the problem. ADF was created as an industry standard, but it's no longer standard as everyone has their own "minor requirement changes" they need. Oh yeah, and the whole ADF thing was finalized 17 FREAKIN' YEARS AGO! Think about what has evolved in the industry during that time. There are salespeople who weren't even born when it was created. The specs really need to be brought up to date, and include specs on how the leads should actually be sent (e.g. attachments vs. inline vs. both). I mentioned this in a blog post a few years ago and sadly, I know that nothing will ever happen, but my offer stands to work with other vendors to revisit. It's no surprise that @desiondarun has questions about this topic, or that this post from years ago is once again active.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
I cant wait until ADF goes away. I understand why it was needed years ago when interenet information was hard to get but for the love of god can we kill it please.

I am hoping someone is secretly building out auto apps for salesforce or something.