• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

BUSTED Spincar caught selling dealer data

It's the Great TrueCar Lesson: They let their staff engage negatively on social, then their PR guy couldn't get Scott under control. Train Wreck. So nobody does anything if dealers don't complain. I'm looking right now at a client who has experienced digital fraud, that I can find, of nearly $230k total. And they don't want to do anything but change vendors. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Here is a video of @Jeffrey Tognetti talking about Dealer's Data Theft at Digital Dealer 21.

https://cdn.dealerx.com/assets/newdx/DealerX_DD21.mp4

Makes this mystery-topic easier to comprehend.
------

Excellent, thanks for sharing this @joe.pistell . Impressed by the knowledge of @Jeffrey Tognetti , will be watching this video a few times at least. Jeff, you mention a data privacy agreement that dealers should make sure is in place, do you (or anyone) have sample agreements to share?

------

Excellent, thanks for sharing this @joe.pistell . Impressed by the knowledge of @Jeffrey Tognetti , will be watching this video a few times at least. Jeff, you mention a data privacy agreement that dealers should make sure is in place, do you (or anyone) have sample agreements to share?

I’ll post a complete set of privacy docs that we use for our clients shortly.