• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cash for Clunkers

bpreston

Grease Monkey
Apr 29, 2009
Awards
First Name
Bobby
Hey guys,

How are you guys handling this, I have taken what I feel to be decent steps in preparing for it if/when the bill passes through building psuedo sites and having prepared email blasts, press releases, and pages on our website. (any other suggestions in regards to cash for clunker preparations?)

However in the meantime, as the internet director for a couple of our stores, I'd say 1 out of 10 customers is holding off for the cash for clunkers bill to pass.

I tell them that we are months away from passing and although we as dealers hope and pray that the bill passes that it doesn't look like it will. However being that they can get up to 4,500 in rebates, they are holding off to see what develops.

Anyone have any rebuttals to this?

We have a call scheduled for 5:30 PM today ;)

I just got off the phone with Brian Pasch, who has built the Cash for Clunkers Participating Dealer Program, and we are partnering with him to receive leads from the Cash For Clunkers Bill | Program Information Qualifications website.

We're also doing some advertising on the program ourselves with Checkered Flag's VA Cash for Clunkers page. I highly advise each of you doing the same - especially if you carry Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Chevy, or Ford - according to Brian, these carry the highest amounts of views and leads. His pricing on the leads isn't bad either at $10 per lead. The way I look at it is it is $10 per lead through the end of September (as the bill is slated to run) - it isn't a huge long-term commitment.

Expect a blog article detailing things a bit more soon.

I just got off the phone with Brian Pasch, who has built the Cash for Clunkers Participating Dealer Program, and we are partnering with him to receive leads from the Cash For Clunkers Bill | Program Information Qualifications website.

We're also doing some advertising on the program ourselves with Checkered Flag's VA Cash for Clunkers page. I highly advise each of you doing the same - especially if you carry Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Chevy, or Ford - according to Brian, these carry the highest amounts of views and leads. His pricing on the leads isn't bad either at $10 per lead. The way I look at it is it is $10 per lead through the end of September (as the bill is slated to run) - it isn't a huge long-term commitment.

Expect a blog article detailing things a bit more soon.

Are the details concerning the cash-back amounts specific to your dealership or is that the general details on the bill itself?

Are the details concerning the cash-back amounts specific to your dealership or is that the general details on the bill itself?

Just general details. Nothing is set in stone because the legislation hasn't passed yet. Hence the big disclaimer on our site:

Checkered Flag C4C page said:
*this entire page was written on June 15th, 2009 and we believe all items to be accurate based on proposed legislation that has not officially been signed into law. We cannot take responsibility for any inaccuracies on unofficial legislation that could change.