• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Content is dead. Long live Content? (Video Content)

That is a great point regarding engagement patterns.

It depends on if you want to use Youtube as a general repository, or if your business goal includes making Youtube a primary channel to connect with your dealership -- and ads run on Youtube should be different. Videos for social platforms should vary, but I think you'll find that the data will give you the feedback you need to understand what approaches work best on each platform.

Again, it's always best to match your efforts to search intent, especially with such an investment as video production, if you're looking to acquire more qualified traffic and leads for your sales teams.

Reactions: jon.berna
Facebook, YouTube and TV are going to have different engagement patterns due to the intention gap of each platform.

At Driven Data we see a lot of different approaches to create engaging content on FB leveraging our audiences. One of the ones I love is the store below. Their videos are funny and show off their culture which is really what they are selling.

Super cool! Any chance @jon.berna could get the engagement report from FB?

Super cool! Any chance @jon.berna could get the engagement report from FB?

Valentines.png

Super-Sales-People.png

Freedom.png

@jon.berna cool thanks! certainly confirms engagement is hard! but everyone loves a giveaway lol

In each video there was an effort to get the audience to stay. If you watch you will see the different techniques that were used in the first 20 seconds. Consider that you can also re-target people that watch specific videos. They may decide to watch more on the 2nd impression.

I just tell myself Facebook is just TV with metrics and audience control. The best TV ads are ones that are funny, colorful and focus on emotion vs logic.

Consider that you can also re-target people that watch specific videos. They may decide to watch more on the 2nd impression.

I just tell myself Facebook is just TV with metrics and audience control.

Well shit. DR Truth schools me on something new again. Seems to happen every time he opens his mouth :bow:

Hey @Jeff Kershner & @Christine Plunkett it sounds like we have some new Facebook strategies to discuss.

Killer for all types of content.

https://www.skyword.com/skyword-video/
Quality video production can be difficult and expensive, but for today’s brand storyteller, video is no longer optional. By 2021, video will make up 82 percent of all consumer Internet traffic. In 2015 alone, audiences spent an average 40 hours/week watching video in front of screens of all sizes. In 2016, video accounted for 73 percent of traffic. Today, a video on your landing page means visitors engage more and stay longer.

Reactions: Dane Saville
We've seen "360" and web enabled (non headset) virtual reality video even more effective in terms of completion rate and viewing time (about 2.5 minutes with immersive content vs 28 seconds on a standard video).

One simple way to identify whether your video content is working is to track if someone hit "play" and then submitted an inquiry or called. Most dealers will only track the plays and % watched which ultimately fails to identify whether you captured a local buyer.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau