• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Greg Spencer

Desk Monkey
Aug 7, 2020
Awards
First Name
Greg
Cox Automotive has rolled out an online sales package called Esntial Commerce, with the first client being the Penske Automotive Group.

Does anyone have any insights or first impressions? To me, it sounds a lot like previous DR tools from Cox, specifically Accelerate and Dealer.com's Digital Retail. The announcement says Esntial Commerce is "transformative" and an "industry first", but it's not clear why this is so. I'm wondering what's innovative here and what is just rebranding of an existing product?

Hi Greg and Alex. Thank you for your questions. What is innovative about the Cox Automotive Esntial Commerce™ solution is that it’s a scalable eCommerce solution, allowing consumers to complete their entire used car buying process 100% online. The solution is not a rebranding of the Cox Automotive existing solutions but does leverage the breadth and depth of our current capabilities to be able to bring this automated solution to market.

Cox Automotive Esntial Commerce™ is transformative because it automates the entire used car transaction. Through the automation, this solution provides many industry firsts for both consumers and retailers. These firsts include financing automation, reliable payments in search, and automated checkout to financing and aftermarket automation, fraud detection, and more.

Hi Greg and Alex. Thank you for your questions. What is innovative about the Cox Automotive Esntial Commerce™ solution is that it’s a scalable eCommerce solution, allowing consumers to complete their entire used car buying process 100% online. The solution is not a rebranding of the Cox Automotive existing solutions but does leverage the breadth and depth of our current capabilities to be able to bring this automated solution to market.

Cox Automotive Esntial Commerce™ is transformative because it automates the entire used car transaction. Through the automation, this solution provides many industry firsts for both consumers and retailers. These firsts include financing automation, reliable payments in search, and automated checkout to financing and aftermarket automation, fraud detection, and more.
Certainly a verified 3rd-party endorsement right there!! Good to see the marketing team is staying busy. :poke::rofl:

Reactions: Anthony G.

Matt, where can I see this innovative piece of art? I can't find it on Penske's site.

Matt, where can I see this innovative piece of art? I can't find it on Penske's site.
Here's the Penske website:

And once you get to a VDP and click the Buy Online button, it redirects you to this Cox site:

Reactions: amhobbs
Here's the Penske website:

And once you get to a VDP and click the Buy Online button, it redirects you to this Cox site:

post search - 3 clicks, only to get to this...

2021-10-12_11-34-13.gif