• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CRM with blocked email...

This is the first time I have heard about this particular CRM having email "blacklist" issues. The rest of the big 3 have been fighting this exact issue for quite sometime.....So, as Alex said, as far as the Big 3 go this is probably as good as it gets.

Happy to say there is a fix for this. Essentially all CRMs are susceptible to this spam blocking and blacklisting which is why it's best to set the send and receive options for your mail to go through a true email provider. The reason for this configuration is that these mega-email providers are whitelisted across the internet and cannot be blocked. When/if there is a block imposed on a sender it will only impact the single user sending and not the entire platform.

It's not hard to do, you essentially switch the mail from being sent and received by the CRM provider and use the gateway of the email provider, in our case Office365, but many other services can do the same like Google and others. If you need help configuring this we can certainly do it if you're using us for email.

Finally, we'll post an article for public viewing later today on how to configure this for those that are technically minded and don't need our hands on help to get this done.

Edited by @Alex Snyder to remove the sales pitch in accordance with DealerRefresh rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ryan.gerardi
Happy to say there is a fix for this. Essentially all CRMs are susceptible to this spam blocking and blacklisting which is why it's best to set the send and receive options for your mail to go through a true email provider. The reason for this configuration is that these mega-email providers are whitelisted across the internet and cannot be blocked. When/if there is a block imposed on a sender it will only impact the single user sending and not the entire platform.

It's not hard to do, you essentially switch the mail from being sent and received by the CRM provider and use the gateway of the email provider, in our case Office365, but many other services can do the same like Google and others. If you need help configuring this we can certainly do it if you're using us for email.

Finally, we'll post an article for public viewing later today on how to configure this for those that are technically minded and don't need our hands on help to get this done.

Edited by @Alex Snyder to remove the sales pitch in accordance with DealerRefresh rules.
Thank you for the help on the edits Alex. Here is the URL for those that are technically capable of modifying settings in the CRM: https://ryantech.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/226789847

But, doesn't this remain the job for the CRM company? I'm the end user. They need to sort this out on their end.
It's certainly another topic of discussion Bill however we have taken a proactive approach to working with each dealer that needs the help. If the CRM company is unaware of how to set these settings we can certainly help them out as well but through screen sharing with dealers directly we've been able to make these modifications. Since email is a necessity for CRM companies but not a core competency we are dedicated to solving the part that may not be their most important item.

Is there a reason why we aren't saying who this company is? I mean isn't that was this forum is for? Why are we dancing around this issue?

UPDATE:

I think I may have figured out who we are talking about. I just emailed my icloud, gmail, yahoo etc.

My icloud came through. Gmail and Yahoo did not.

Last edited:
Chris, thanks for joining in.

If it's one bad vendor, I'd name them. Here's my take. I have learned from this discussion that it's not just the CRM I'm using. It looks like it's a industry wide issue. I don't want to bash anyone if it's not just them.

Unfortunately, it's affecting us as the leads are telling us that they are not getting price quotes. I cannot send myself an email. It depends on which spam police vendor is used by the email recipient.

So, if it's my CRM vendor, I'm looking to them for an immediate fix. If it's everyone, I am curious what the industry is doing to correct it. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of a CRM if it cannot send an email?

I am curious why they don't rotate IPs and employ some of the methods that Alex spoke of. Likewise, why are dealer groups sitting by quietly? Is there no solution to this with all the tech out there?

Thanks,
Bill

I am curious why they don't rotate IPs and employ some of the methods that Alex spoke of. Likewise, why are dealer groups sitting by quietly? Is there no solution to this with all the tech out there?

Although I don't know the exact reason for things I do know that it is quite difficult to code for older technologies. There is a reason why Microsoft's announcement to stop supporting Windows XP was HUGE! And they seem to be a bit more nimble since.

As for other dealers. Each has their own personal reason for not publicly saying things on places like DealerRefresh. But you'd be surprised how many haven't noticed :banghead:

But you'd be surprised how many haven't noticed :banghead:

Yes, I am surprised that I am the only one bringing it up... Both of our stores are complaining about customers not getting emails. The frustration for me is the vendor is offering no plan for a solution. It's 2 weeks now. How much business is this costing us? Leads with just an email?

I don't know enough about the high IT field to know if this is easily resolved with some method of rotating IPs or something else. I wish I could offer a solution.