• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CRM with blocked email...

To get a different spin on this, I had a good chat with my contact at DealerSocket to see how they handle this situation. I'm told that DealerSocket separates their email blasts from the day to day emails for leads to prevent this sort of issue. So, it looks like it can be managed with some proactive methods. Now, how fast you can implement that on a company level is another question. Apparently, rotating IP addresses and other methods actually attract spam police.

We now have evidence that we are losing deals to this issue, due to perceived non response. Not sure how much long it can go on before we need to make a change.

To get a different spin on this, I had a good chat with my contact at DealerSocket to see how they handle this situation. I'm told that DealerSocket separates their email blasts from the day to day emails for leads to prevent this sort of issue. So, it looks like it can be managed with some proactive methods. Now, how fast you can implement that on a company level is another question. Apparently, rotating IP addresses and other methods actually attract spam police.

We now have evidence that we are losing deals to this issue, due to perceived non response. Not sure how much long it can go on before we need to make a change.

Still offering our support Bill. There is an easy way around this with DealerSocket. We’ve done it a bunch of times. Happy to help. This rotating of IPs and other smoke and mirrors doesn’t fix the issue. Only handling the problem will.

Thats good to know that DS is separating transactional from marketing emails. Its the difference basically between using Mandrill & Mailchimp.

Mandrill is for those transactional emails. Think of when you click "lost password" on something.
Mailchimp is for send the mass.

Rotating Ip's will only do so much since ESP's are still looking at the domain for which the email came from and could block based on the domain regardless of the IP.

I would be making that change already if I were you. Coming back from a blacklist is really really tough and can take some time. Your business can't wait for that to happen.

That's not the issue, it's dealers abusing the volume/frequency and sending out thousands of emails too frequently and triggering spam policing companies.

BUT, I would expect a major player like this to have a plan in place ahead of time.

Last edited:
Yes, I have been bugging them nearly daily about this, it's in the 3rd week and they claim to be making major changes internally to avoid this moving forward. What about the deals I have lost to the competitors? Emails like " I didn't hear back from you so I bought at XYZ dealer "? It's supposedly getting better, but we have to take their word for it.

Hi Bill - Thanks for sharing. Have you looked into using AI? Might be a good short/mid-term strategy until confidence is restored and a fix is in place. We have seen a very high engagement rate with using AI and have absolutely been able to capture deals that would otherwise have been lost because of perceived "non-responsiveness". Good luck and please keep us updated on your progress!

Thanks @Jeff Kershner and @Seamus Curley, for the input. I am interested in the AI angle, I have demoed Conversica, but it seems steeply priced as a component, it's almost as much as a CRM... the CRM vendor I am using has made some positive forward movement with fixing their issues. Sadly, the fixes are things that they should have had in place long ago. We lost deals and that's still a discussion to have. My frustration is that this is a post issue option, it should have been offered while we were down. I'm tempering my approach to this due to @Alex Snyder suggesting it's an industry wide issue.