• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Decent E-Commerce Parts Store

Mitch Gallant

Refresh Team
Apr 6, 2009
Awards
First Name
Mitch
I'm very curious to hear what solutions are available for a paypal integrated, graphically pleasing e-commerce store for parts and accessories - it could be purposed for anything but this is what i have in mind for it's use. We publish a monthly service & parts flyer to be had at the doorways of our stores and I'd like to see much better integration with our website.

You could build your own pretty easily through something like Go Daddy's quick shopping cart. I havn't used that feature myself but Go Daddy's other design tools are pretty simple and the price seems right, only $50 a month for listing unlimited products. They offer paypal, credit cards, and even integration with shipping.

You can check it out here E-Commerce and Shopping Cart Software

Yes, you can build your own with any eCommerce device out there, but if you don't have a Parts person who is dedicated to that it is too much to ask.

So, we need to add another criteria - either have an OEM catalog ready or we'll need some sort of meshing with the DMS.

:popcorn:

I'm eating popcorn with Alex on this one. There are absolutely NO decent options. Trademotion is closest you will find for a solutions for selling OEM parts online but their customer facing product is about as bad as it gets. NO SEO!!

Plus..they own and run Parts.com - For every part of your life . Basically they resell an inferior platform to dealers while also competing on the same field. It's not good.

:thinker: I find it very interesting there isn't a solution out there for this. Out of curiousity, can a DMS (in general) push the parts data out as XML? Somebody mentioned building a CRM from scratch on another thread - that seems like a big job - but this one seems a little more attainable...

:thinker: I find it very interesting there isn't a solution out there for this. Out of curiousity, can a DMS (in general) push the parts data out as XML? Somebody mentioned building a CRM from scratch on another thread - that seems like a big job - but this one seems a little more attainable...

Does DMS integration matter for parts inventory? They can sell parts they don't have in stock and order them. So I would think the big challenge is getting data sources for the parts libraries. Plus I would think they want to sell all sorts of aftermarket parts.