• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Decent E-Commerce Parts Store

I have created my own parts store at www.acurapartsdiscounts.com the problem is getting a data feed that updates my pricing and available products. I have not done any optimization or marketing yet, because I need new parts data. My parts rep for Acura says he does not know how to get the data.

My question is how does Trade Motion obtain this data for a manufacturer?
How does Snap on Business Solutions had a parts database for all manufacturers?
How do I obtain this?

Any suggestions are welcome to get me a parts data feed.

Alex,

What can the OEM do to help? I am also not happy with trademotion. (analytics show very poor user experience, extremely high bounce and exit rates). The OEM has the information but no platform is which to provide any e-commerce solutions. This is an untapped market for us.

Alex,

What can the OEM do to help? I am also not happy with trademotion. (analytics show very poor user experience, extremely high bounce and exit rates). The OEM has the information but no platform is which to provide any e-commerce solutions. This is an untapped market for us.

I'd LOVE to talk to you more about this. I know of a company or three who would be interested in developing something....especially if an OEM got involved.

Thanks for joining DealerRefresh and commenting :thumbup: We need more OEM's to help!

If there was significant interest I could setup a webinar to demo the e-commerce software we built, and/or upload some of the screencasts I made.

The admin side has the ability to upload .csv inventory files, parse them and create product listings, and prices are set to a percentage above your cost so its all automatic. The shipping API's still need to be done to pull in pricing for UPS, USPS, Fedex, etc. but it works extremely well and the user experience is great.

The features that I love are being able to create an order for a customer that can be fulfilled from multiple vendors. You can ship all parts from a single source or you can break it up to have individual items fulfilled from multiple suppliers all within a single customer order. Kind of hard to explain, but it works really well.

To give you a very basic idea of what the store looks like without any design done, here is the site we've been using for testing. Its very rough, and not complete so take it for what its worth. We've spent 90% of the development building the backend CMS and tools for managing the data.

http://www.howtoworkoncars.com

Finally if you click on shops, then enter a zip code you'll see a list of shops in the area. My goal was to create a turn key e-commerce signup so if you found your dealership / shop you could signup, then we'd integrate that store you built into your website (provide subdomain with your header / footer so it would integrate perfect with your site) then you could add parts to your store.

I was curious if anyone had any further information regarding this. I'm stuck trying to find good method of getting our parts department online but am left with very few options. I have found a couple sites that I like, particularly:
Honda Parts at hondapartsnow.com: Honda Accessories, Honda Auto Parts

The "My Garage" is a cool little feature and the site is much more appealing then a trademotion creation.

Thanks,
-nate

So far no luck. I haven't done too much digging but I've found that it's a dealer in California. They have 5 similar parts stores for what I assume is all part of their franchise. I don't see any names hidden away or links to anyone that may have built the page.

I did look up the Who Is info and this is what I've come up with:

registrant-firstname: Rick
registrant-lastname: Wang
registrant-street1: 4414 Ellis Ln
registrant-pcode: 91731
registrant-state: CA
registrant-city: El Monte
registrant-ccode: US
registrant-phone: +1.6262797123
registrant-email:

admin-c-firstname: Rick
admin-c-lastname: Wang
admin-c-street1: 4414 Ellis Ln
admin-c-pcode: 91731
admin-c-state: CA
admin-c-city: El Monte
admin-c-ccode: US
admin-c-phone: +1.6262797123
admin-c-email:

tech-c-firstname: Hostmaster
tech-c-lastname: ONEANDONE
tech-c-organization: 1&1 Internet Inc.
tech-c-street1: 701 Lee Rd.
tech-c-street2: Suite 300
tech-c-pcode: 19087
tech-c-state: PA
tech-c-city: Chesterbrook
tech-c-ccode: US
tech-c-phone: +1.8774612631
tech-c-fax: +1.6105601501
tech-c-email:

bill-c-firstname: Hostmaster
bill-c-lastname: ONEANDONE
bill-c-organization: 1&1 Internet Inc.
bill-c-street1: 701 Lee Rd.
bill-c-street2: Suite 300
bill-c-pcode: 19087
bill-c-state: PA
bill-c-city: Chesterbrook
bill-c-ccode: US
bill-c-phone: +1.8774612631
bill-c-fax: +1.6105601501
bill-c-email:

Domain Names & Web Hosting : 1&1 Internet Inc. appears to be their host

Product Spotlight appears to be the creator's site but it looks dated and nothing near the quality of the dealer sites.

I fired off an inquiry e-mail to "teddy". Well see if I get a response...

Nate,
I agree that this is better then trademotion. Did you find out who is behind this application?
Thanks,