1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Digital Retailing - What are your results?

Discussion in 'Websites, SEO, SEM, Display, Social, Marketing' started by John V., Feb 18, 2019.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. John V.

John V.
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    John
    Dealer or Company Name:
    The Apex Automotive Group
    *If there is a thread out there that is similar to this please send me the link*

Not looking to get into a long draw out discussion about Digital Retailing (DR). I personally think it scares your customers away but that is just my stubborn self. All I really want to know is five things for those who are/were previously using a full suite of DR tools:
    1. Did your overall website lead volume (eprice/RMI/test drive) go up or down?
    2. Did you show F/I Products?
    3. How was the gross vs.non-DR sales?
    4. Was it a pain in the a** to get your payments to match your actual in-house specials or did you just run OEM incentives?
    5. Most importantly, Did it actually increase your sales and how are you attributing that?
    I really appreciate your feedback.

• Like Like x 2
  2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. John V.

John V.
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    John
    Dealer or Company Name:
  4. Alex Snyder

Alex Snyder
    Expand Collapse
    President Skroob

First Name:
    Alex
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh
    Twitter Handle:
    axsnyder
    :iagree: sadly.

When you posted this I was pretty excited to see the questions. However, my concern for whether people were ready to answer these was high.

• Like Like x 1
  5. John V.

John V.
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    John
    Dealer or Company Name:
    TBH - I think a lot of people talk about doing DR but very few if any dealers besides the big dogs (paragon/norm reeves for example) are actually doing it and even they I think are embellishing their actual results.

Hopefully we get some respondents because I am genuinely interested in hearing about actual success stories.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mark Daniels

Mark Daniels
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Mark
    In my experience a lot of folks will brag they "offer it" but when it's time to open the kimono everybody loses their tongue for some reason

The question you're asking is legit. I can't tell you how many times our clients doing DR asked us to supplement their business in quality prospects now that they made the jump.

I guess just like you, I'm still looking for a success story with facts to support the claim...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mitch Gallant

Mitch Gallant
    Expand Collapse
    Refresh Team

First Name:
    Mitch
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Capital Auto Group
    Twitter Handle:
    mitch_4
    I'd be happy to circle back on this in 60-90 days. Online Shopper from DI is being setup for our store at the moment. We had to wait quite a while for the Canadian banks to be integrated but should be going live very shortly.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    • Like Like x 2
  8. C Dorman

C Dorman
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Chip
    I wish I could answer your questions, but I can't. And this is really hard for me to do, but I'm going to have to be politically correct and not name names.

I've been trying to get DR bolted on and set up correctly for two clients for a couple of months now. Two different brands, two very well known website providers.

Still trying.

It's been a nightmare. It just shouldn't have to be this hard. I think the problem lies with the DR tools coming from one company and nobody at the website providers really knowing how they work.

As to #4 on your list, apparently nobody involved with my two projects seems to think it's a good idea to run ads promoting, let's say an OEM lease payment, that can be linked to vehicle detail pages that can display that lease payment. This causes friction with shoppers that just shouldn't happen with today's technology.

I've seen a lot of cases where a buyer clicks on a deal, and then has to inquire to find out if the car(s) they landed on were available at that payment. These are knowledgeable buyers ready to pull the trigger. At this point we should be able to say, "Marketing, great job, grab a couple of beers, Sales, you're up." But because nothing lines up, we create mistrust and the impression of being incompetent. We manage to sell cars in spite of it, but I lie awake at night wondering what's going to happen when my competitor offers it correctly and we don't.

• Like Like x 1