1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Email losers

Discussion in 'CRM, ILM, Chat, Desking, Emails, Phone, SMS' started by Alex Snyder, Jan 26, 2018.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. Steve Roessler

Steve Roessler
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Steve
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DriveCentric
    @Alex Snyder@Alex Snyder CRMs can give an open rate and reply rate stats on emails. It is trackable. While I know email is important, that is not the customers typical form of engagement if you are doing 1 to 1 communication. I reviewed 40,000 leads across 10 stores and the email reply rate was 10%. Texting was 27%.

2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Rick Buffkin

Rick Buffkin
    Expand Collapse
    Sausage King of Chicago

First Name:
    Rick
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Beaman Automotive Group
    @Steve Roessler@Steve Roessler That seems low to me. This must have been on those free Carguru leads!!!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Alexander Lau

Alexander Lau
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Alex
    And be careful of this...

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. ryan.gerardi

ryan.gerardi
    Expand Collapse
    Executive Producer

First Name:
    Ryan
    Dealer or Company Name:
    AutoConversion
    Twitter Handle:
    autoconverse
    Smart speakers may be quite possibly lead to the end of humanity as we know it. I am beginning to believe this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SoCalMark

SoCalMark
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Mark
    Dealer or Company Name:
    405 Computer Services
    I am a few dealerships IT support consultant and one of my biggest culprits of this issue is DealerSocket.

While I have repeatedly opened cases for them and told them they have major issues, they just don't care. The largest problem is coming from their inability to send mail using other than their own domain and trying to use the dealerships domain. Something we can't change because they don't want emails flowing though their servers (it's cheaper and less maintenance that way) Google's Gmail and GSuite will see that as an SPF violation and put those messages into spam every single time!

In a test of over 100 emails from different dealerships, the result was the same - any emails generated by the salesperson went to spam

They just don't care!

Here is my example from the email header on how the google servers treat dealer mail coming from DealerSockets "[email protected]dealerurl.com" name from the SPF records.

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. John V.

John V.
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    John
    Dealer or Company Name:
    The Apex Automotive Group
    I use the "Email Tracking By Document" report in dealersocket. I get open rate, spam rate, clicks, and bounces. Works well enough.

8. Alex Snyder

Alex Snyder
    Expand Collapse
    President Skroob

First Name:
    Alex
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh
    Twitter Handle:
    axsnyder
    Two different things. Your report is analyzing the emails that DO get to customers. Mark is upset about the number of emails that ARE NOT getting to customers.

He's complaining about the number of emails that don't even get past the email service's wall to anyone's inbox.

• Like Like x 2
  9. John V.

John V.
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    John
    Dealer or Company Name:
    The Apex Automotive Group
    Let me flesh it out a little.... I've just been going be "feel" on my open rates. Every 6 months or so i pull the last 6 months of every single email template that has gone out; automated, blasts, and singles. I judge the open rates and see if i need to make adjustments. Remove an image, update the subject line, remove spammy words, etc. Then take into account the type of email it was. I.E. End of lease campaign automated emails should be at 50% or greater open rate. Internet first response templates in the high 70's. SO on an so forth.

Not calling it gospel but after a while you can kind of get the gist of what should be getting opened and how often. Would it be nice to know how many emails are getting caught in spam? Absolutely. But that would require the CRM provider to tell me how much they suck and if I was in there shoes, ain't no way I'm doing that.

10. SoCalMark

SoCalMark
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Mark
    Dealer or Company Name:
    405 Computer Services
    Let's face it. The Google spam eliminator is one of the best in the industry and with that all be said and done, it's removing spam. The dealership correspondence with all those inventory blow-out messages and cute little holiday sales notices are getting put right where they belong and right where the average email consumer likes them. Somewhere, in between the Sirius radio ads, condom depot, Autotrader, Redfin, GrubHub and RiteAid are you salespeople's replies .

It's pretty common for most of us to check our spam folder about every third or fourth day. I agree with the above that there is no substitute for email to email communication but I read somewhere that the average car buyer wants to remain anonymous until there is an actual deal being made.