• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

carguy

Full Sticker
Jul 28, 2020
Awards
First Name
Taylor
Hey everyone.

I just switched our store over the DealerOn for our website and I am having an impossible time getting any Facebook ad's approved when I have a See more details that directs them to our website. Has anyone had this issue? How do I fix it? I'd much rather have them buy off our website vs directing them to the Facebook Marketplace link.

Hey everyone.

I just switched our store over the DealerOn for our website and I am having an impossible time getting any Facebook ad's approved when I have a See more details that directs them to our website. Has anyone had this issue? How do I fix it? I'd much rather have them buy off our website vs directing them to the Facebook Marketplace link.

What's their reason for declining the ads? Are you setting the Credit special category?

What's their reason for declining the ads? Are you setting the Credit special category?

This is likely the issue. If the landing page has any sort of payment or financing terms, then you have to target differently or they'll reject your ads.

We've started doing campaigns that drive to a landing page, then the landing page can take you to inventory.
The landing page has all sorts of promotions, CTAs and a lead form, but no financing information. Having some success with this, but we simultaneously run broader geographical campaigns that go straight to the website as well.

Since they removed the text in images restrictions we haven't had any rejections I am aware of.

We started getting rejections today.
Now, despite what is in the ad OR the landing page, they're labelling every ad by the dealer as "Special Ad Category" no matter where the links go.
Looks like they also announced the removal of exclusionary targeting. Could get interesting...

I know this has been discussed elsewhere on here, but essentially this leaves us with:

Any ads created with Special Ad Category targeting will see thousands of interest-based targeting options removed, along with:
  • Removed ability to target by age, gender, or zip code
  • Removed ability to exclude interests from targeting
  • A minimum 15-mile radius required for city/town targeting and/or pin drops
  • Removed access to Lookalike Audiences

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Tallcool1
We started getting rejections today.
Now, despite what is in the ad OR the landing page, they're labelling every ad by the dealer as "Special Ad Category" no matter where the links go.
Looks like they also announced the removal of exclusionary targeting. Could get interesting...

I know this has been discussed elsewhere on here, but essentially this leaves us with:
Same - no matter how careful I am, I can’t do anything outside of the credit ad category.

Kinda limits the cool stuff you can do.