• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Ok, so I understand your philosophical issues with using this document. That opinion is clear and recognized here. For the sake of clarity, let’s even stipulate that your opinion is the only valid one in this conversation. Help me understand why I can’t/shouldn’t use this doc. Is it only because of who and how it was collected? Is there some inaccuracy or bad direction in there? If all dealers and all referring vendors were using this as a standard, at least as a framework, where does it create problems?
  1. It was created for them to understand it best, enabling them to get a competitive advantage. Their competition has to catch up with it.
  2. Who's to say their competition will accept it? You'll have competing tools out there. If a dealer jumps from their system to another (for whatever reason), they'll have a hard time comparing historical data (again, promotes their tool).
  3. Is this accepted by the greater automotive digital community? Doubt it...
  4. Who the hell was on this standardization committee?
I'm not arguing against the clarity of it. It's formulaic and smart, just the things I mentioned above. You're totally right, it is just my opinion, plus standards are a tough sell. They're also trying to get ADF 2.0 rolling, when STAR is a far better option. I don't give a crap who's on their board.

Last edited:
  1. It was created for them to understand it best, enabling them to get a competitive advantage. Their competition has to catch up with it.
  2. Who's to say their competition will accept it? You'll have competing tools out there. If a dealer jumps from their system to another (for whatever reason), they'll have a hard time comparing historical data (again, promotes their tool).
  3. Is this accepted by the greater automotive digital community? Doubt it...
  4. Who the hell was on this standardization committee?
I'm not arguing against the clarity of it. It's formulaic and smart, just the things I mentioned above. You're totally right, it is just my opinion, plus standards are a tough sell. They're also trying to get ADF 2.0 rolling, when STAR is a far better option. I don't give a crap who's on their board.

Opinions are what forums are for man. Thanks.