• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

HomeNet issues... How bad are they? Phones are down all day Today

I've had several dealers contact me directly about this asking if I knew of other dealers having issues and if the dealers I work with we're having issues.

I've always had a great standing with HoneNet so I've held off on posting anything around the apparent issues. Hoping the incidents are isolated and being taken care of. As I'm confident HoneNet is getting any issues taken care of.

I guess the question is - are these just isolated issues or are more dealers experiencing problems with their inventory and the new HomeNet Web iol 2.0?

We're having just about every problem possible with the latest version of IOL. That said, Homenet has been very responsive via email, and one of the developers even reached out to me on Twitter. I'm confident that they'll patch things up soon... But I hope soon comes quickly.

I spoke with HomeNet yesterday. No new updates. They do have everyone working on it possible, so much so that they arent even looking at new orders etc. We have a few clients waiting for our video product to be published on their HomeNet managed inventory portal and I was informed it would have to wait while they had all hands on deck. Hopefully they find a fix soon.

HomeNet IOL has been an absolute disaster! Whomever is running the show at HomeNet should be fired. How in the world can you launch an update without a backup plan? We started having issues on April 9 and the wheels totally fell off on Friday--the last Friday of the month and our highest web traffic day. We have had absolutely zero inventory online for about 4 days. We've built workarounds and links to our inventory on other sites twice and each time HomeNet releases a "fix" that doesn't work. They have no answers or solutions. Our website vendor has no answers or solutions. We even asked our vendor to choose another data provider, but HomeNet is supposed to be the biggest and the best. Not in my book!

Has anyone else been able to get ahold of Home Net Today. Phone keeps saying not in service? Our stuff is all messed up...

I have been in contact with Homenet and Cobalt, our web site provider. Our sites have not been updated since the 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] of April. Here we are facing first of the month changes and we can’t update our web site. I am asking Homenet for a realistic time frame to expect things to be updated; at this moment I really don’t know…will it be one day, one week or one month?

If this was a start up, I'd understand, but webiol 2.0 has been in planning for YEARS. I've lost a full week of my life running around trying to make this work.

• Was there a dealer council involved?
  • Why didn't they run a mirror and let 20-50 dealer/resellers interact with the data prior to turning it on.
  • I'm running around with my head cut off muttering "...it's not going to sell more cars, why did you do this?"
  • Hell, we don't see it going any faster
  • ...AND it's not tablet friendly.

I LOVE everyone at HomeNet and I still do, I've been with them since 2001, but this is homenet's darkest days.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm probably being a Negative Nelly here, but I could have seen this coming from a mile away. Even though it was being worked on for years there wasn't any sort of beta testing from dealers. HomeNet has a good standing with many of dealers. I can assure you that plenty wouldn't have minded testing out the software before it was launched.

Microsoft is to Windows ME as HomeNet is to IOL 2.0.

I'm probably being a Negative Nelly here, but I could have seen this coming from a mile away. Even though it was being worked on for years there wasn't any sort of beta testing from dealers. HomeNet has a good standing with many of dealers. I can assure you that plenty wouldn't have minded testing out the software before it was launched.

Microsoft is to Windows ME as HomeNet is to IOL 2.0.

Eric - That's exactly what we were begging them to do over the past several months. I offered to Beta test several dealerships on the new platform in addition to testing the IOL2GO platform and enhancements. I actually insisted on it - now it's a little late. This has been a very challenging couple of weeks.