• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

TAKE POLL How Many Leads Per BDC Rep Each Month?

Jerry can we get a "as many as the individual can handle, not to exceed their abilities" option to select?

I've got to be honest, I'm not a first thought - we need a BDC type of guy. I'd rather see a dealership have salespeople that can work their own %$#@! leads in a CRM. And if the dealer doesn't have salespeople that can do this presently, then go get ones that can or train the ones you have. There is no other option.

A good BDC option to me would be one that handles follow-up and be backs, and only direct sales if there are time periods with bottlenecks of activity that sales needs support with.

Reactions: Jerry Thibeau
100 to 150 fresh leads each month (depending on the agent) with a spirited 90 day follow up... Our BDC agents only set appointments and don't work deals womb to tomb.

I'm right beside you Tom. This matches my recommendation but maybe I elaborated a bit too much. I really like your coined "Spirited 90 day follow-up". The number can vary depending on how you operate your BDC and how aggressive you are with your follow-up.

The problem today is people don't come to work ready to work. Distractions are rampant. We got chit chat time with other employees, social media, and all sorts of other things that seem more important than doing our jobs.

If we know the average call last 4 minutes, then one should be able to have 15 conversations an hour (60/4 = 15 conversations per hour). During an 8 hour shift, let's assume the employee is able to work 7 of the 8 hours. A BDC rep should be able to have 105 conversations per day (15 x 7 hours = 105 conversations per day). Let’s round that down to 100. March has 22 working days. That’s 2200 conversations in a month. Imagine our BDC rep takes 300 fresh leads this month, 300 in February and another 300 in January. If the average BDC rep makes contact with 50% of their leads, then there will be 150 leads left to be contacted from February and 75 from January. That's 525 people to speak with this month. That’s less than a ¼ of the 2200 possoble conversations that can be handled by a BDC rep. I truly believe that 300 per month is a walk in the park. if your BDC reps are not doing that, then they are not doing their jobs properly.

I did not pull an @Alex Snyder !

Reactions: Clay Toporski
I truly believe that 300 per month is a walk in the park. if your BDC reps are not doing that, then they are not doing their jobs properly.[/USER] !

That's a fantastic outlook.

Humans are messy and saying they're not doing their job at <300 is too.

In your math I find it odd that you don't consider time for training, meetings, conversations with the desk or management on price presentations, coaching time with a supervisor, product research, strategy development, template creation, etc...

I could force the list to go at least 100 items deep but the point is this, these are human beings, not robots.

Does this make me weak in not being able to lead my team to that level? I HOPE SO, i'd love to take them there, truly!

I would love to align with you and have them effectively work 300 leads however I've never seen it done even close to what I would consider an OK closing percentage (15%) let along good (20%).

I've have seen more than a few stores who cram 300/leads/mo end up around 5%-7% closing.

At this point all I smell is a bullshit argument that hasn't been battle tested.

I hope this is like the 4 minute mile and you can invoke the Bannister effect!

Reactions: William Bryant