• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I was wrong... Can car dealerships can REALLY use AI?

Jan 3, 2019
Awards
First Name
Marc
Reactions: sam_matador
@Marc Lavoie , I don't know if Matador is really "ai" or not
Agreed, we had a store try Matador for 1 month and it's definitely not AI. You can replicate their "AI" by building IFFT automated SMS sequences in your automotive CRM.

Which brings up an important point, a lot of dealers are still relying on phone and email-driven CRM processes created 10 years ago by their predecessor or when the CRM was initially setup. Dealers should take a look at their CRM processes through a new lens and build new processes with today's customers and leads in mind. And texting should be a large component of today's follow-up processes.

Agreed, we had a store try Matador for 1 month and it's definitely not AI. You can replicate their "AI" by building IFFT automated SMS sequences in your automotive CRM.

Which brings up an important point, a lot of dealers are still relying on phone and email-driven CRM processes created 10 years ago by their predecessor or when the CRM was initially setup. Dealers should take a look at their CRM processes through a new lens and build new processes with today's customers and leads in mind. And texting should be a large component of today's follow-up processes.
And..whatever you use for a DMS... they do need to get on the text bandwagon if not already. You need all interactions contained within your DMS. Emails, Texts, Phone calls, Messenger, Whats app, etc. etc.

If you don't have that today... you should get on their case. Otherwise, whatever intel/interactions you have had with your clientele, lives on someone else's real estate. You stop paying rent for that... and your intel is gone leaving your DMS with nothing.

Thanks for sharing, @Marc Lavoie !

I rarely watch these things from beginning to end, but I watched every second and even hit the back button a few times to listen to something again.

Thanks for listening! @Tallcool1

Agreed, we had a store try Matador for 1 month and it's definitely not AI.
@Ryan Everson - We're adding some new features that will be leveraging human-assisted machine learning to assist BDCs with responding to questions. It's not 100% AI but we're using this approach to train a new model. So while we a lot of features in Matador require human input right now we are moving towards truly AI-backed features and tools.

Dealers should take a look at their CRM processes through a new lens and build new processes with today's customers and leads in mind. And texting should be a large component of today's follow-up processes.
This. 100%.