• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

iPhones will send calls to voicemail in iOS13

Is there anybody in the forums thats using the beta version of iOS13 now that can shed a little light on this? Does this feature work well? If you get a text or email from someone, does the software read the messages and identify the phone numbers in the signature to allow a call maybe? I'm really curious.

I'll respond to texts and emails instantly, but am one of those people who will let voicemails sit for weeks without even checking the transcription.... Definitely points to other forms of communication for sales, but like you mentioned, also means as a customer you'll want to be mindful of this setting when waiting on a call you need.

I'm with you @laurahemphill , I haven't listened to a voicemail since 10/5/2006. That's the exact day I signed up for YouMail to have my VM's transcribed into text and sent to my email inbox.

Reactions: mikesayre
BRING BACK QR CODES!! That's the answer.

Funny story, customer in my office earlier this week. Older fella looking at a hopped up Challenger. Already owns one a couple years older. He wanted a print out of the car to take to his insurance company.

He proceeds to tell me about the coolest thing that the dealer a couple towns over does. They have these funny looking stickers on their cars, and you can hold your phone up to the sticker and then your phone will tell you everything you want to know about the car. Suggested that every dealership and business go to that type of sticker.

I explained to him that we USED to have those stickers, but people rarely used them. We thought it was a great idea as well, but for whatever reason the customers just didn't seem to embrace it or even have a QR reader installed on their phone.

So, I asked him how often he uses his code reader......"Oh, I don't use one of those...I have a flip phone! What the....WHAT??

Is there anybody in the forums thats using the beta version of iOS13 now that can shed a little light on this? Does this feature work well? If you get a text or email from someone, does the software read the messages and identify the phone numbers in the signature to allow a call maybe? I'm really curious.

According to Apple they will “use Siri intelligence to allow calls to ring your phone from numbers in Contacts, Mail, and Messages. Any number that can’t be found in one of those places will be routed to voicemail."

I like this logic, and while Siri is not great at a lot of things, any of the local AI features tend to work properly with Apple devices.

• Useful
Reactions: Alex Snyder
According to Apple they will “use Siri intelligence to allow calls to ring your phone from numbers in Contacts, Mail, and Messages. Any number that can’t be found in one of those places will be routed to voicemail."

I like this logic, and while Siri is not great at a lot of things, any of the local AI features tend to work properly with Apple devices.

I like that logic too. A fantastic and useful feature for sure!

Sounds like it is possible to get into their voicemail box if you have the phone number you're calling from in their email inbox. This is going to require some testing...

This is going to require some testing...

@Alex Snyder and @Zach Houseknecht. From researching online, the only thing that I've found that mentions the phone number in the email scenario test says that it didn't work. The phone number was in the inbox and a call was made and it still went to VM. This was back in June and on the beta version of iOS13 though. Hopefully they've figured out a way to make it work.

• Useful
Reactions: Alex Snyder
It’s here! Just an FYI iOS 13 is going out over the air. The feature is off by default, but takes two seconds to enable. I’ll let you know how it all works over the next day or so...I’m going to do some experimenting with numbers in my emails and what have you.

Attachments

• 13BF5B03-4A15-4D0E-B771-E1DF7966B93E.png
    13BF5B03-4A15-4D0E-B771-E1DF7966B93E.png
    667.5 KB · Views: 0