• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Brian Michael West

3rd Base Coach
Jun 1, 2018
Awards
First Name
Brian
While I still 100000% suggest Facebook for ads, it's really starting to feel like Facebook itself is falling apart from a timeline standpoint.

Every other post is an AI-generated monstrosity with thousands of comments and shares from clickbait farms. So my question is, if Facebook is making so much money from advertising, why would they not even attempt to fix issues that are driving people away from even wanting to use the platform?

Dealerships are still getting incredible results from ads and quality posts with post engagement spend behind them. Still, I've definitely started noticing that ordinary people are becoming extremely wary of leaving any form of comment on question posts, or they'll flat-out accuse the post of also being a phishing attempt.

An article on The Verge stated, "Meta will start labeling AI-generated photos uploaded to Facebook, Instagram, and Threads over the coming months as election season ramps up around the world. The company will also begin punishing users who don’t disclose if a realistic video or piece of audio was made with AI." but is it too late? Do you think Facebook will get it's together?

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 7.55.31 AM.png

Reactions: Carsten
While I still 100000% suggest Facebook for ads, it's really starting to feel like Facebook itself is falling apart from a timeline standpoint.

Every other post is an AI-generated monstrosity with thousands of comments and shares from clickbait farms. So my question is, if Facebook is making so much money from advertising, why would they not even attempt to fix issues that are driving people away from even wanting to use the platform?

Dealerships are still getting incredible results from ads and quality posts with post engagement spend behind them. Still, I've definitely started noticing that ordinary people are becoming extremely wary of leaving any form of comment on question posts, or they'll flat-out accuse the post of also being a phishing attempt.

An article on The Verge stated, "Meta will start labeling AI-generated photos uploaded to Facebook, Instagram, and Threads over the coming months as election season ramps up around the world. The company will also begin punishing users who don’t disclose if a realistic video or piece of audio was made with AI." but is it too late? Do you think Facebook will get it's together?

View attachment 8748
Hmm I'm not experiencing this, my facebook news feed is always very relevant.

The only thing I've run into is bitcoin spam reviews and then phishing messages from fake Facebook Support pages.

Google has already started cracking down on AI content so this makes sense.
I see a lot of AI photos on many platforms but I don't filter much since I'd rather the algorithms ponder where I fit in.
So, this makes sense that the other platforms start doing this before November.

This is "enshitification" of internet platforms.​

Enshittification: The 2023 Digital Word of the Year
"Enshittification," Cory Doctorow's coinage describing the process by which internet media platforms become increasingly unusable and un-quittable, has been named 2023's "Digital Word of the Year." Here, we break down what the term means and Doctorow's solution to the internet's relentless enshittification.

Facebook has become more like TikTok in the respect that they now fill your newsfeed full of content that is not from your friends or pages you like.

@Brian Michael West apparently the algorithm thinks you want to see Jesus riding a pit bull!
What's crazy is - my account is 100% just for running Facebook ads for the agency I work for, so no friends and no pages except dealerships are followed - super weird.

Reactions: Will G.