• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Let’s discuss Automotive “Experts” embarrassing misogynistic ad

Just when you think your faith is restored in the humanity end of the automotive business.. BAM!!

This email ad could have been marketed tastefully with humor.

Did anyone think how many women are in this business and how they would feel about it?
I really don't believe this is the viewpoint of the majority of partners or dealers in this business that I know.
Ask yourself as a dealer or a representative, would you choose to have partners like this? For the lure of more sales, more money?

Very unfortunate.

I think of all the ways this could bother people.
1. Women typically wouldn’t find this offer appealing.
2. Men, at work, opening their professional email at their desk and this is what’s on the screen. “Boss, I swear, I don’t know what this is!”
3. Worst... at home sitting next to wife, opens email on iPad or phone.. Wife sees it. Murders husband. Asks questions later.

Last edited:
I love how they doubled down in the second email.
They must be smart enough to know that anyone who missed the first email is more likely to read the second one - especially with that IMPORTANT subject line.

Maybe the market will speak and they'll learn.
That's the beautiful thing about a free market - everyone can stop supporting them and they'll be forced to change or go away.

giphy.gif

I received this email and it didn't sit well with me.
It's kind of ironic they call themselves Automotive "Experts", in my opinion.
They are obviously trying to speak to the old school generation of, what I thought was, the car business's past but didn't do a great job at scrubbing their email list.
Not only did they send a derogatory email - they sent it unsolicited. As in, to people who never signed up to receive info from them.
They could have sent a second email to try and save face but instead, the owner of the company doubled down on his misogynistic message. As if it's okay to be a sexist jerk because they can make you money.
They say any publicity is good publicity, but it's safe to say they won't be getting business from any of our 5 dealerships.

Last edited: