• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Listing of all the Dealership Website Hosting Companies

Thanks for replying!

I also appreciate the examples. Your sites do very respectably!

I agree, that certain functionality will cause Page Insights scores to drop. Mobile is a hard one to crack. I did come across one company here that does "ace" it.

Google rewards or penalizes sites for organic search ranking and Google Ads performance, and there's a direct correlation between passing the assessment and significantly better conversion rates.
So this isn't really accurate - I do agree that a faster site results in better conversion rates, but CWV has pretty much nothing to do with how a website ranks organically. Sure, site speed has some influence, but not the CWV speed score... and the other 3 metrics have no influence at all.

And more importantly, CWV has nothing to do with Google Ad performance.

Does that mean we shouldn't pay attention? Not at all - but we should also understand that CWV really doesn't influence how you rank organically...

Ads are completely separate - ranking there is a function of bid and quality score.

For organic, it's website content, how your site is optimized, links pointed to your site, your GBP and how it's optimized, and customer reviews (with content being the most weighted of the group)

So this isn't really accurate - I do agree that a faster site results in better conversion rates, but CWV has pretty much nothing to do with how a website ranks organically. Sure, site speed has some influence, but not the CWV speed score... and the other 3 metrics have no influence at all.

And more importantly, CWV has nothing to do with Google Ad performance.

Does that mean we shouldn't pay attention? Not at all - but we should also understand that CWV really doesn't influence how you rank organically...
I mean they say it does pretty clearly...

I think the thing dealerships need to consider is the year make model and geo + make + dealer searches are highly contested. The number of relevant pages they have at their disposal is high. So following their suggestion and ensuring your CWV are solid seems to be the smart thing to do (not just for ranking btw). Or don't and hope they are just making it up.
:google:

1723218995886.png

Life hack that will 100% benefit everyone in here: Never believe anything Google tells you. They literally have employees whose entire job revolves around obfuscating information and flat out misleading people.

Also, the page you linked to says "Answering yes to the following questions means you're probably on track in providing a good page experience:" - that doesn't in any way say that higher CVW scores = higher ranking

And if dealers only care about year+make+model or geo+make+dealer searches, they've already lost... The average new car buyer conducts 27 sessions of research before submitting a lead. Those searches are extreme bottom of funnel - if dealers aren't creating content to answer mid- and upper-funnel questions, it'll be too late to catch customers...

again - you cannot trust anything that Google says. Also, saying "Core Web Vitals are used by our rankings system" is NO way means "high CVW scores = higher ranking"... Notice that it says right after that:

Keep in mind that getting good results in reports like Search Console's Core Web Vitals report or third-party tools doesn't guarantee that your pages will rank at the top of Google Search results; there's more to great page experience than Core Web Vitals scores alone. These scores are meant to help you to improve your site for your users overall, and trying to get a perfect score just for SEO reasons may not be the best use of your time.
also, notice what it says on the CWV page here: Understanding Core Web Vitals and Google search results | Google Search Central | Documentation | Google for Developers

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 11.44.59 AM.png
Not trying to get into an online argument here, just trying to help everyone have a better understanding of SEO and what it takes to get better visibility in search results!

I've stated several times here to not trust google lies too.
Just don't trust that company.

Thanks! I try to help with web IT related topics also.

I won't quote google pages because they lie. The do no evil company is evil.

So, to help the community here, what do you suggest?