• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Low Cost Live Chat Software

Thanks Ryan. While you are the only one that replied to the thread whether vendor or dealer, I have already had the other two contact me by phone. Which wasnt my intention even though I expected the response. I was hoping for some dealer feedback as well. I would love to hear about your product though, as many of my colleagues and dealers from our 20 group use your company! Look forward to hearing from you soon

Michele,

The reason I didn't call is because I figured you were asking dealers and not vendors. However, it sounds like you wouldn't mind. Here is my reply and i want to invite the other guys to object at any place they feel I am wrong.

The other two companies you suggested above are going to be good at fully outsourced BDC's. That is their niche. We stand firm on the fact that dealers should answer their own chats and only when you can't answer is when our 24/7 answering service can step in. That is the major difference between us and them. Now when you are talking features.....its going to go back and forth but you should never choose a chat company because of features. Features come and go and all chat companies will have the same features here and there. We have built a network with our relationships cars.com, carsdirect.com, and many others. Using one chat solution and having the ability to answer chats anywhere phone, computer, or ipad is a huge advantage.

Of course the other chat companies you mentioned have some really cool technology and probably many reasons to choose them over us but when it comes down to reliability, efficiency, effectiveness, and ease of use I believe our product is head and shoulders above the others.

Here is what I can tell you.....having chat is WAY better than not having chat. You really can't lose with any chat product you choose out of the 3. The three you mentioned are probably the top three in the automotive industry. 1 is a 100% 24/7 total outsourced bdc and can sell you on many reasons why it's more effective to let them answer. The other will blow you away with some really cool features and offer you many options much like us (Answer yourself, out source 100% but not 24/7, or a combination of both). Then as for cost, some will give it away for free particularly if you mention you are thinking of signing up with us or you participate in a forum pilot like you will find on this site. Cost will vary from $199 to as much as $2000 monthly for fully outsourced.

As I have said before.....I will make more if you choose to use our outsourced BDC but if we do our job right in training you and you do your job right in answering your results will be much better sending leads to you at the dealership.

I am trying to be fair in my evaluation of these three companies being that I go up against them regularly.

Couple things to consider.....

1) Whats most important to you (Bottom Line)?
2) Will you get the support you need in a timely manner?
3) Do you want to outsource 100%, not at all, or a combination of both?
4) What is your structure (BDC, Internet Staff, or Sales Floor will be answering)?
5) Do you chat from Cars.com, Carsdirect, or any other 3rd party using Contact At Once?
6) Is there training involved and how in depth is the training?
7) Will you use multiple departments (Sales, Parts, Service)?
8) Does your staff have web based mobile phones or ipads?
9) Are carfax details important while in a chat?
10) Do you want to invest in webcam and mic to use video chat?

AliveChat via Website Alive is great. It's $29 per month and has an i-phone application so you can chat on the go. I think they are the only company with an i-phone application? It's works seamless and you can customize everything. Here's a direct link to their website :http://www.websitealive.com/refer/?promocode=&page=home&partnerid=243 I've used them for two months without a glitch.

Last edited:
Joe, knowing what we do for dealers and the needs of dealers is unlike any other vertical. I am sure it works great but as a dealer I would suggest sticking with an automotive specific chat technology. Many reasons here.....CRM integration is one of many but just dealing with some website providers in the automotive industry can be a pain in the butt and not to mention I am sure they can't train you specifically on handling automotive chats. For a one man show at a small store it would probably work great but so would a free solution called Volution.

I am an Internet Director of a few stores, been a managing partner for a dealer group and I find it very useful. I use it every day for real situations. It' doesn't integrate with the CRM but I find the i-phone application more important. Does your tool integrate with the i-phone or mobile device? Does it integrate with i magic?

I want to thank all of the 3 chat companies I mentioned for contacting me. This is an excellent resource to start conversation, get feedback and thoughts on vendors, etc, and create working relationships. I have chosen a vendor based on this forum, the feedback and threads alone. I have been in this industry for 20 years and seen all types of character, personalities and love for the game (both on the dealer and vendor level). Times are ever changing but the love for the biz and passion shines through. And that to me separates some from others, whether you're old school or a green pea to the industry. :) Thank you DealerRefresh and members