#RefreshFriday Merchandizing - Someone is Launching a new Service | Joe Pistell

Swiping through 40 photos sucks.

Scrolling through 40 photos is a breeze.

Customers scroll all day long - on Facebook, Instagram, etc. They very rarely swipe, it's just not natural.

Yet, almost every dealership website provider only offers a swipeable photo carousel.

We are solving that with an enjoyable scrollable photo gallery. AND a sticky bottom CTA bar to encourage conversions.

View attachment 9018
*launching soon
Great point and awesome feature!

Reactions: Ryan Everson
Hmmm, page scrolling.
how reinventing ... ummm I mean modern ... well, dang! That's how the internet started. scrolling through pages of stuff and having to scroll back up.

Be careful! 2 decades of UI doesn't magically just roll back like this. I guess we should revert back to BalckBerrys because they have a physical keyboard.

Hmmm, page scrolling.
how reinventing ... ummm I mean modern ... well, dang! That's how the internet started. scrolling through pages of stuff and having to scroll back up.

Be careful! 2 decades of UI doesn't magically just roll back like this. I guess we should revert back to BalckBerrys because they have a physical keyboard.
Has the internet stopped being about scrolling? If anything people mindlessly scroll more now than ever.

CarMax, AutoTrader, Cars.com, and CarGurus have all switched to this vertical mobile photo gallery UI based on data from millions of website visits. Not to mention Zillow, Realtor.com, etc

Tier 3 dealership website providers are the only ones who have chosen to stick with a legacy photo carousel UI. And trust me, it’s not based on data.

And so many dealers still don't believe photos make a difference. I had a dealer say Kia will send full AI jellybeans VIN matched to a dealer's new inventory for $75 a month.

I haven't been on the outside to be a consumer in a long time, but I try to keep my customer goggles on and I ask questions of those I can about their process and perceptions. Most interesting is hearing that a dealer's pictures tell a lot about the culture/personality before someone walks in the door.

I had a dealer say Kia will send full AI jellybeans VIN matched to a dealer's new inventory for $75 a month.

Shopper Focused Merchandising.
1721825112457.png

Dealer Focused Merchandising.
1721825366965.png

Merchandising has one job to do... it's is a weapon to crush your competitors.

Shopper Focused Merchandising is not rocket science, it's hard work. (that's why it's so rare).
  1. It MUST make your competitor's Year/Make/Models/Trim look weak and
  2. It must make the dealer brand-message 'compliment' the presentation (not dominate the presentation).

Reactions: Will G.
  1. It MUST make your competitor's Year/Make/Models/Trim look weak and
  2. It must make the dealer brand-message 'compliment' the presentation (not dominate the presentation).

p.s. Don't get hung up on the style or aesthetics of my design. That is art, art is fungible. Look deeper into the data framework that powers the art. This is where the real power is (and all of the work).

PSA: In Transit Merchandising Tip
Label your stock photos
1725278742950.png

1725278816938.png

1725278843054.png

1725278867651.png

AutoMagic Labs puts package info on all Intransit VDP's at no charge. It's simple and your shoppers & Reps will LOVE it. My pilot store is growing like a weed has 50 new in stock and >50 in transit's (the ratio of instock to in transit is a big tell).

Reactions: Will G.