• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Mystery Shop Time!

HI Jerry,

Sorry for the delay I think the turkey got the best of me this year. I finally had a few minutes to review your chat. Here are my suggestions, which I am sure align with your phone process because I feel these two mediums are very similar.

1. Getting control of the conversation is the most important part of any chat conversation. This can be established by asking great questions that direct a shopper towards an outcome. I prefer to give shoppers an A or B selection to move them through an effective sales process.

2. Giving pricing information or negotiating over chat or the phone for that matter puts the shopper in control and eliminates any real reason to come into the dealership. I think it is better to focus the conversation on qualifying the shopper.

3. Using the if we get disconnected tactic to get information from the shopper is ineffective. To get a shopper to give you their information you have to make them want something you have. You need to establish a powerful reason that will make a shopper give up their phone number, email or anything else to get the information you have in your possession. Make them want it.

4. Using a TO can be effective as long as the turn over has an introduction and aligns with the conversation. "I would like to transfer you to my Internet Director who has more information on our available inventory. Will that be ok with you?"

5. One thing that would have helped this conversation is employing what we call our "Shop with me technology" which allows you to guide a shopper around the site showing them specific pages. Most chat companies offer something similar. This allows you to create a powerful online sales process by talking and showing the shopper at the same time.

6. The "WOW" factor needs to happen. The goal of every chat conversation needs to build rapport and at some point give the shopper a wow experience that ties them to your dealership and establishes you as the choice to move forward with purchasing their next car.

Anyway these are a couple points I felt that could have really changed the outcome of this conversation. If you post the whole transcript I would be more than happy to dissect it completely. You know how much I love this stuff :)

Hope you had a great Christmas. I look forward to your comments.

I had my dealer reviewed by Jerry and would have to say he really did a good job on it. He brought up some valid points and recommend you get one done if he is still willing as it is a great eye opener. Its always good to have an outside evaluate you as long as you can look at it objectively. Thanks Jerry.

I want to thank Jerry - the mystery shop he completed for us was full of great advice and identified some real problems in our processes... I HIGHLY recommend him to anybody who wants an outside eye to look in and give you the straight truth.
It is no wonder our internet sales have been down. Now to turn that around. :)

Nathan,

Was on my way to revive this thread and just noticed your posting. I'll gladly mystery shop your store.

To everyone else,

The Mystery Shop program is up and running this week. If you would like a free one, just post your website and e-mail address here. Please let me know if you want it to be public or private. If it's public you get the feedback of the community.

Awesome, thank you Jerry!

e-mail is: [email protected]

Nathan,

Was on my way to revive this thread and just noticed your posting. I'll gladly mystery shop your store.

To everyone else,

The Mystery Shop program is up and running this week. If you would like a free one, just post your website and e-mail address here. Please let me know if you want it to be public or private. If it's public you get the feedback of the community.

I want to thank Jerry for the Mystery Shop he did on our store. It was quite informative for myself and all of the managers. We're still reviewing the recordings and will surely make a number of changes in our future processes. Thanks again Jerry!