• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

NADA 2019 - who's going?

I’m going again and have a pretty simple strategy. Friday is about seeing the new stuff from my current vendors. Why they can’t show me pre-NADA I’ll never understand. Saturday is about looking at a couple of competing products (they have new stuff too) along with vendors that fit 2-3 needs we’ve identified in advance. Sunday is about exploring. Since half the attendees don’t show on Sunday and vendors have either made their nut or aren’t going to, it’s a much more relaxing time to check out some newer products. I hit a couple workshops and franchise meetings over the weekend too. My management team has found value in doing all these demos and meetings in one place over a weekend. It makes it very easy to compare products. And with the focus of vendor workforce there, I find that there is always someone around who can get answers to the oddball questions I seem to throw out. We don't typically sign deals at the event, but shortly after.

Smarts vendors do (especially the web platforms), not most vendors (especially the one off services). I've found that the majority of vendors bring their marketing and sales people and most of those people have little to no automotive experience. The same can be said of Digital Dealer(s).
I'll expand on "Dev" to also include "Product Managers"...

Reactions: Alexander Lau