• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New CDK Service connect to nowhere

LRED

Full Sticker
Jan 17, 2012
Awards
First Name
Ed
Has anyone noticed in the last month that CDK no longer has a direct connect to file a trouble case? Instead they shoot you directly to their community and you look to see if anyone else is having the same problem? So we are paying a premium for business support and getting what an end user would get that owns any electronic device that probably doesn't have a customer waiting on them.

Has anyone noticed in the last month that CDK no longer has a direct connect to file a trouble case? Instead they shoot you directly to their community and you look to see if anyone else is having the same problem? So we are paying a premium for business support and getting what an end user would get that owns any electronic device that probably doesn't have a customer waiting on them.

I took notice. That's Class A service for you!

Reactions: Alexander Lau
There you go... your co-op dollars at work folks. When guys like Pasch get angry at consultants (me in particular) for pointing out CDKs niggardly ways, it makes me realize it's a giant sham and they're all in on it to screw over dealers.

It's lazy, pathetic and cheap.

Last edited:
This doesn't happen too often, but I'm actually at a loss for words here. I can't honestly imagine that CDK would do such a thing. If there is no direct way for dealers to contact and get support, that's just mind blowing. Any OEM that considers that lack of service to be acceptable is sending a clear message to dealers that they are completely on their own. The only thing a dealer can do is write off the expense, bury the OEM site, and get a real website provider with real service.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
I think it's worth mentioning that a lot of start-up groups or small conpanies do this because they don't have the dollars to apply to a chat or a support ticket resource. Typically, they firstly force you to search in their glorified FAQ system, secondly allow you to submit a support a ticket.

It's laughable IF CDK is applying the same process in order to save money. They'll probably brush it off as... we created a smarter protocol. Meanwhile... how much money do they siphon?

Last edited: