• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Jul 5, 2018
First Name
Emmanuel
I glanced over the threads and haven't found the one about this comparatively new GMB feature which is called Menu.
They introduced
it in April.
So, basically it is an ability to add a categorized list of your services within your Google My Business pages.

There are sections, subsections, a price field, and a description field. The limits are as follows
  • Section name (required) up to 140 characters.
  • Subsection name (optional) up to 140 characters
  • Subsection price, in USD (optional) no limit is set
  • Subsection description (optional) up to 1000 characters
So, you can add a comprehensive description of your services, maybe add some keywords (but don't get carried away, I think those descriptions are under Google's surveillance), specify prices if you want. And this info will be displayed in the Google Maps.

However, I've read some other reviews and people say that for now it only appears in the Google Maps app on mobile devices. It doesn't appear on Google Maps for desktops, and in the Knowledge Panel.

Either Google is centering everything around mobile devices and this new feature is a part of mobile-first-plan, or they just haven't implemented it for desktops.

ANyway, I wanted to ask you guys has any of you tried it yet and what were the outcomes (if any).

Is it even available for dealerships?

gmb-services-menu-800x540.png

Reactions: Alexander Lau