1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
This forum sponsored by...
  1. AWNick

AWNick
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Nick
    Dealer or Company Name:
    AutoWebing
    I'm sorry to disagree but this is just not true at all. Our clients perform extraordinarily well in organic search in direct correlation to the SEO-work that we are providing.

What I'm curious about is how "SEO" providers in the automotive industry are doing their jobs. I haven't seen any other providers that go beyond "optimize your title tags and meta tags" and "3 blogs per month" yada yada yada - Bulls****. Is anyone doing it right? Does SEO have such a poor reputation in this industry because everyone is just selling snake oil?

I really want to know WHO is doing it right. Who is actively digging through your data and improving your search-ability? Which providers are actually looking through your Search Console data, your Adwords data, and your Analytics data to find your pitfalls and search for opportunities? Is anyone doing that? Or is everyone just selling you un-researched, arbitrary blog posts at $150 a pop and calling that SEO?

• Like Like x 1
  2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. AnthonyMaher

AnthonyMaher
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Anthony
    Can you show any examples where a dealer outperforms an aggregator in organic SEO?

4. AWNick

AWNick
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Nick
    Dealer or Company Name:
    AutoWebing
    In every single local pack (obviously), and for any longer keywords or keywords that include a location.

That's also somewhat besides the point. While those sites perform well and can be good sources of leads, many shoppers are looking for dealerships or searching with longer queries.

You can rank very well for specials, offers, & incentives. You can also rank well for fixed ops terms, services offered, and service coupons. It's foolish to disregard the opportunities within good SEO, simply because you may get rank 3 when someone in your town searches "Honda Accord for sale."

#73 AWNick, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:14 AM
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 12:20 AM
  5. AnthonyMaher

AnthonyMaher
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Anthony
    Sure, but the original point above is that SEO firms usually charge an absolute fortune- maybe it works but is it sustainable? and is the cost per conversion lower than other digital marketing efforts? I think one of the larger issues facing SEO firms is that they talk in terms of rankings and not in terms of conversions so even if they do what's promised there is no guarantee the client will be happy. At the same time the client is probably often focused on ranking for high volume keywords instead of high conversion keywords.

6. Alexander Lau

Alexander Lau
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Alex
    Firstly, it depends on how you define "SEO" and your dealer requirements. When I created and ran an Automotive SEO department, we had a number of tiers and we'd explain our deliverables VERY clearly, in order to set the correct expectations. Those deliverables did not include a promised #1 ranking.

Secondly, it's not national rankings that you're after as a dealer (unless you're some massive entity, in which case don't call an automotive agency), it's local rankings that matter most. Those are two different beasts entirely.

That said, here are two groups that do a great job (who's doing it right) that I've either done work for or outsourced to, due to overflow.
    1. http://strongautomotive.com/blue-print-automotive-seo/ (build blogs, etc. on subdomain for greater control and pull in actual live / dynamic inventory around the content) @Gayle Rogers@Gayle Rogers
    2. https://www.autofusion.com/car-dealer-seo.html @CarlAutofusion@CarlAutofusion
    If you're looking for software and I've said this at least 25 times in these waters, go with https://www.gshiftlabs.com/web-presence-analytics/software/seo/ and https://www.link-assistant.com/news/50-tools.html.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #75 Alexander Lau, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:06 PM
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 7:30 PM
    • Useful Useful x 1