• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Special Finance Leads

bpreston

Grease Monkey
Apr 29, 2009
Awards
First Name
Bobby
Hey guys,

Special finance seems to be back. At one store in a dealer group in particular we have a great special finance managers and have always done well with special in the past. Like all aspects of our business, the internet has changed special finance and I think we have taken some positive steps to increase this department's success.

The primary step we made was to develop our own credit site: Cars with Credit | Bad Credit-No Credit Auto Loans | New Castle PA Auto Loans | Youngstown OH Car Financing | Auto Loan Financing New Castle, this is a credit psuedo site. Most people with bad credit don't do a Google search for a dealership, instead they are looking for a loan. We have it decently optimized and do paid search as well to drive traffic to it, despite these leads being better quality we still don't have the quantity needed for this department to do the kind of numbers we need it to do. Therefore, we still do rely on some 3rd party leads.

Obviously the closing ratio on any special finance leads are going to be low, but our seem to be particularly bad and don't have return policies at all and we have been getting a good amount of self-employed applicants that we can't do anything about.

We are looking to make a change, anyone have any recommendations?

I have more decency than that Alex... my special finance manager frequents your site!!

I don't mind if you do it Bobby. When I first saw the site, I hadn't read your whole post and thought TK had done it - I felt ripped off. But then I fully read your post and realized it was coming from you guys, so no worries :thumbup:

Why TK on this one?

Yeah, that top navigation reminded me of a site I had seen somewhere else. :)

This is actually a project I'm working on at the moment myself.

Questions:

Is this a need to have inventory on this page/site or can we go straight to the credit? application.

Alex, my managers have always like the look and feel of TK and we figured this would be a good site to test out of the ease of use and also the SEO effectiveness.

Jeff, I definitely wouldn't recommend to have inventory on a page/site like this. First of all, special finance customers are first looking to get approved on something, anything. Secondly, I'd hate to have a customer land on a particular vehicle that might not book out well or something I can't bury a bank fee in, etc.