• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Another feature driven walk around

This is GREAT but you NEED 2 people to achieve this.

As I progress through this project as a ONE MAN SHOW, I'm considering every variable of efficiency for Used Car Merchandising - Photos, Videos, 360's, Fyuse, Descriptions, etc. The time allocated for each needs to prioritized buy it's return.

JK,
DO a test. Compare the performance in youtube 'audience retention' data. Once you have that data, then it opens a whole new world of content optimization.

BONUS: you can get qualatitative feedback of a concept by using https://www.usertesting.com/

p.s. Asking car ppl about what a car shopper likes is often way off the mark.

@JoePistell I have added this to my long list of projects and priorities. Ironically I was just watching a video and around audience retention on YouTube. I wonder how that came about :dunno: :cool:

This is GREAT but you NEED 2 people to achieve this.

As I progress through this project as a ONE MAN SHOW, I'm considering every variable of efficiency for Used Car Merchandising - Photos, Videos, 360's, Fyuse, Descriptions, etc. The time allocated for each needs to prioritized buy it's return.

When it comes to videos, here's some Ol' Uncle Joe :unclejoe:thoughts...
  1. Walk around Videos come after you nail down your photos, options, and hot options.
  2. You wrote: "The time allocated for each needs to prioritized buy it's return" You'll need define what "Return" is, and, how do you plan to 'see' it?
  3. I agree. Your bandwidth is finite, so, your "production time" is a critical component.
  4. Starting out in Video, generate your highest ROI...
    • Only make videos on units that will bring you the highest gross.
      • Make Videos on the most well equipped units (it motivates dreamers to stretch their budget)
    • Avoid aged units (no ones looking at these units, maybe you'll get to these later)
    • Avoid units that your deeply stocked in (they usually have poor internet shopper VDP engagement [relative to your other units])
  5. Watch Video user engagement stats and experiment with content (...how many watch to 50%, how many watch 100% of the video).

HTH
Joe

But maybe those units need the extra exposure to move. How many times have you heard a manager say, "we gotta figure out a way to move that unit..."?

I'm 1000% with ya Ed, but, here's my business logic....
  1. From my marketing POV, aged units are aged for a reason. It's a wrong product and/or a wrong price. When I was a CMO at UsedCarKing.com, I studied aged units in GA. I found aged units get very little VDP activity.
  2. JK is a ONE MAN show, he has a lot to learn and he's being pulled in a million directions. He stated: "The time allocated for each needs to prioritized buy it's return".
Sooooo... from my seat, in this situation, doing vids on aged units (that are not 'priced to sell') will bring back low ROI for JK. But... if dealer leadership wants to price the units aggressively, then VDP counts 'should' rise and the walk around videos would be a great help!

My $0.02
-Joe

Reactions: ed.brooks
I'm 1000% with ya Ed, but, here's my business logic....
  1. From my marketing POV, aged units are aged for a reason. It's a wrong product and/or a wrong price. When I was a CMO at UsedCarKing.com, I studied aged units in GA. I found aged units get very little VDP activity.
  2. JK is a ONE MAN show, he has a lot to learn and he's being pulled in a million directions. He stated: "The time allocated for each needs to prioritized buy it's return".
Sooooo... from my seat, in this situation, doing vids on aged units (that are not 'priced to sell') will bring back low ROI for JK. But... if dealer leadership wants to price the units aggressively, then VDP counts 'should' rise and the walk around videos would be a great help!

My $0.02
-Joe
Joe -
As you know, I drank (and sold) vAuto Kool-Aid for years, and I still believe in the Velocity Method of Management™. I'm NOT suggesting doing videos on ANY unit that is NOT priced to sell or priced to market. If you aren't pricing your inventory to do well in the competitive market that is the Internet, you might as well dump money into broadcast and inflatable gorillas.

The first thing I would do is look at the reason those units are garnering low VDP numbers; Price, Photos, Description, Videos, etc and then, as you suggest, this properly priced and merchandised unit will move.

My $0.02