• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Volunteer your Dealership Website!!

Uncle Joe is on the panel ;-)

Dealers, post your site here we'll pick one/two to walk thru your site, page by page and talk about things like:
  • Does you Home Page pass the 5 second rule?
  • Does Your Website Sell Your Store Experience? (you can buy a Ford anywhere, why buy from me! ;-)
  • Does Your Website Sell Cars? (or sell leads?)
  • What cool things have you done to sell more cars?
  • Are you a lead gen junkie?
  • How do you stack up to your competitors?
  • Any easy fixes?
  • ...and many more
This walk thru could be very interesting for EVERYONE. We welcome the live audience to contribute with ideas they like and dis-like and when we make an observation, plz feel free to ask questions!
Tell them Uncle Joe!

While we are on topic. Post one listing and I will tell you why you merchandising is terrible.
For example, these two Nissan dealers are competitors out of DFW. Guess which one sold two IS 350s in a month and the other one still listed?

My brother in Christ, that is not how you sell a Lexus.
20230331_213029-COLLAGE.jpg

---
How does a Nissan dealer have better Mercedes photos than a luxury Mercedes dealer?

glk1.png

glk.PNG

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-04-08 at 11.14.59 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-08 at 11.14.59 PM.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 7
  • glk.PNG
    glk.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    736.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 7
Tell them Uncle Joe!

While we are on topic. Post one listing and I will tell you why you merchandising is terrible.
For example, these two Nissan dealers are competitors out of DFW. Guess which one sold two IS 350s in a month and the other one still listed?

My brother in Christ, that is not how you sell a Lexus.
View attachment 7864
I know I may be preaching to the choir, but I would guess that most people, and I mean those that were "anointed" with the photographer responsibility at a dealer, don't know how to get the photos they need. Most exterior shot issues are simply standing too close. That "looking at a car through a hotel peephole" distortion is from simply standing too close because modern phones have a pretty wide angle lens. The fix, and hopefully the device they're shooting on has some sort of decent optical zoom if not a decent resolution after digital zoom, is just step back from the car about 20+ or more feet and zoom in to fill the frame. That will flatten the image and eliminate distortion. Lighting, framing, leveling, awareness of background and foreground are other key points but start with a non-cartoon proportioned image first. We run into the same issues. We have some stores with automated booths but most stores are relying on a human to A. Care and B. Follow their training. Not everyone has an eye for it so a documented process followed by all is needed regardless.