• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What in the Heck is Going On With my Dealer.com sites in Google SRP's?????

Guys, I moved 3 of our sites away from DDC and went live on the 7th of this month with Dealer Inspire. I still have 1 site with DDC and thats our Ford website. The primary reason it's still with DDC is because, the expense was just to high to move it over to Dealer Inspire. Plus, we were put into a time crunch with having to sign something to stay in the Co-op program with Ford. They do have DealerOn as one of their Co-op providers as well and we did a demo with DealerOn the same time we demo'ed DI. The DealerOn folks squashed it though.

Note to providers (This means you DealerOn) - Don't spend 90% of your demo time with the decision makers trashing talking your competition. Show your product, the features and how it can benefit the dealer your presenting it to. And by features, I don't mean a freaking pop-up / pop-in coupon!

We do still have some of the lingering page title issues showing in the SRP's but it has been drastically reduced. Ever since the launch I've been covered up with quite a bit of issues and just plain work. I haven't had much time to work on getting everything completely removed. I do need to put some attention on it but I more important fires on my plate right now that I'm having to deal with.

What’s going on over there at DealerOn?

I went out to Digital Dealer back in October and I took the Decision Makers with me. I had scheduled meetings with both website companies. During the DI meeting and presentation, not once did the rep bring up any of their competition or talk bad about them. Not one single time. He did a fantastic demo of the tool, it's features and some of it's benefits to us as a dealer. Immediately following the DI meeting, we walked directly over to DealerOn's display for our meeting with them. We met with top key people in the DealerOn organization and we were upfront with them about who we are currently using and who we were considering moving over to. After a 45 min demo, the three of us walked away knowing two things! DealerOn has a popup / pop-in coupon and they down talked the competitors tool very badly. Honestly, I have no clue what else a DealerOn site does except it has a freaking popup coupon!! With the top key ppl in the DealerOn company doing that (BTW - they're the ones that did the demo for us), it put a very bad taste in the decision makers mouths for DealerOn. It appeared they were more focused and interested on down talking the competitors product than selling us on theirs. That's what the three of us collectively took away from the DealerOn demo. With that info, the decision was very easy to make. To be honest with you, it would have been less expensive and easier to use DealerOn because of their agreements they have with our Roster of OEM's. But... They shot themselves in both feet with that demo.

Meanwhile... "innovations"
753b513bed63bfad837979a6e2f4deec-full.jpg

Last edited: