• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How do you guys handle Marketing Copy Cats and blatant plagiarists?

Yeah you're right Ed what was I thinking that looks nothing like mine. And yes, the color scheme was borrowed from Jeep from to keep it consistent but what's your point Ed really? The difference is that I am trying to market and sell Jeeps not compete with them and my team and I built everything else from scratch. The company in question did not.

Yeah you're right Ed what was I thinking that looks nothing like mine. And yes, the color scheme was borrowed from Jeep from to keep it consistent but what's your point Ed really? The difference is that I am trying to market and sell Jeeps not compete with them and my team and I built everything else from scratch. The company in question did not.
In school it's called plagerism. In business it's called best practice.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel your pain and sense your frustration. The simple fact is ALL of you are taking design cues, typography, logos, stock images from the manufacturer. A Google image search for the VW Sign Then Drive Event tells me EVERY Volkswagen dealer had almost the exact same imagery and color palette. The only thing you can do is keep innovating. Keep up the good work.

maxresdefault.jpg
Kelly-VW-Sign-Then-Drive-Ad-fixed[1].jpg
06.13_SignThenDrive_02.jpg

Appreciate the kind words And advice Ed. I'm going to use it as motivation to go in an entirely uncharted direction with our next round of design tweaks. Where can I get the best deal on your book I've heard good things
I'm assuming you're referring to vAuto Founder, Dale Pollak's books (he's written three). You might want to check out Amazon's Dale Pollak page.

In addition, Dale writes his own blog at DalePollak.com and contributes to many of the leading industry websites and periodicals.

Daniel, sell cars and move on. You should be proud that people are copying. Ignore it and move on. Better yet just come work for me...
on
Hi Todd - my team and I have decided to move on - actually, we're currently working on seriously upping the ante for the comp. As for working for you as much as I appreciate and am flattered by the offer and idea of working with someone so forward thinking the only place I'd leave Boston for is Southern Cali. What is your remote working policy? JK