• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What's the most annoying thing on your website?

Sadly, just about everything about our current website annoys me, but the top two things are the main navigation is currently vertical on the left side of the page rather than across the top, and the type font is inconsistent on several buttons.

My shoppers probably find it annoying that it is difficult at best to search by color and that we have several used vehicles listed without prices...

Reactions: joe.pistell
Not really anything coming from the shopper. Putting yourself in their position though, the gargantuan homepage ads and the multiple sublinks on your New & Preowned menu dropdowns wouldn't really help the shopper get to the right place.

But I've noticed that's common amongst a majority of franchise dealer websites I see. 10x different submenu items for Pre-Owned Inventory (under $XK, specials, different kind of special, some other kind of special, about us, about the cars, a third special). I understand we have to inflate our website with as much content as possible, so I'm not sure if this is done purposely to keep the shopper on the site.

Edit : Was in the used car business for 10 years, so my knowledge of franchise dealer strategies (outside of seo, social etc) are still minimal.

Not really anything coming from the shopper. Putting yourself in their position though, the gargantuan homepage ads and the multiple sublinks on your New & Preowned menu dropdowns wouldn't really help the shopper get to the right place.

Amir - are you referring to our dealership website? if so, what is the URL? I don't have any sublinks and menu dropdowns on new and used...

Jessica I'm excited as well

most importantly.....No photo or no price, besides that.....

- Recent searches
- As a consumer if I'm interested in multiple cars, I have to submit multiple leads - why cant we save the customers info in the form....(realtor.com mobile app :heart:)
- It bugs me our consumers have to type the full vehicle name in searchbox.....Autocomplete :hey:

Reactions: JessicaRuth
never drops the bomb.
i-j4ZxFpz.gif