• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Apr 13, 2012
Awards
First Name
George
We all know the value of smartphone location data. The Insights tab in the Google My Business admin contains some very "insightful" reporting . This particular piece is one of my favorites, "Directions Requests".

What does this data represent?

When customers find your GMB page, and then request directions to your dealership from a mobile device, this was their location.

This is a great data input when determining the geographic boundaries for your paid search or paid social campaigns! I know we must use radius, and are not allowed to use zip codes in the U.S., but this GMB data helps considerably when using multiple, smaller radii.

I've found this data lines up nicely with higher-performing campaign segments, is anyone else doing these comparisons?

By the way, our Analytics Express Data Studio reporting has a sweet GMB integration that gives great trending insight to the data. Glad to share in a demo.

Insights report on direction requests.png

Reactions: CarolMarshallAE
We all know the value of smartphone location data. The Insights tab in the Google My Business admin contains some very "insightful" reporting . This particular piece is one of my favorites, "Directions Requests".

What does this data represent?

When customers find your GMB page, and then request directions to your dealership from a mobile device, this was their location.

This is a great data input when determining the geographic boundaries for your paid search or paid social campaigns! I know we must use radius, and are not allowed to use zip codes in the U.S., but this GMB data helps considerably when using multiple, smaller radii.

I've found this data lines up nicely with higher-performing campaign segments, is anyone else doing these comparisons?

By the way, our Analytics Express Data Studio reporting has a sweet GMB integration that gives great trending insight to the data. Glad to share in a demo.

Nice find and great suggestion @George Nenni !!

Thanks for sharing this.

I'm too curious if others are or have considered using this data?

For hyper-targeted geolocation campaigns, check out revealmobile.com. They've got all the dealership lots in the US geofenced, and are able to build audiences based upon people visiting your dealership or competing dealerships. They're not an agency, they just provide the data, which can then be imported into the social channels. (I used to run their marketing team)