• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

17 years old! Happy Birthday DealerRefresh!

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
It was on a Cinco De Mayo in 2005 when @Jeff Kershner launched the TypePad version of DealerRefresh. A blog to speak to the things he was seeing as an Internet-focused dealership employee who did not have anyone in the dealership to converse with on Internet topics.

A year later, I was sent to an article Jeff wrote by Ken Lees. My comment on his article was followed by the receptionist at my dealership saying, "Alex, there's a Jeff Kershner on the phone who isn't a customer and isn't trying to sell you something." 4 hours later, I had a login to DealerRefresh and a new friend.

Thank you for creating this place, Jeff. Thanks for not being afraid to reach out. And can you believe all of this has been happening for so long?

:banana::banana2::dance2::badger::yabuddy::woohoo::woot:

to speak to the things he was seeing as an Internet-focused dealership employee who did not have anyone in the dealership to converse with on Internet topics.
Precisely how I found it in late 2009! There was no one to speak with at the store! Thanks for starting this and sticking with it @Jeff Kershner and @Alex Snyder!

It was on a Cinco De Mayo in 2005 when @Jeff Kershner launched the TypePad version of DealerRefresh. A blog to speak to the things he was seeing as an Internet-focused dealership employee who did not have anyone in the dealership to converse with on Internet topics.

A year later, I was sent to an article Jeff wrote by Ken Lees. My comment on his article was followed by the receptionist at my dealership saying, "Alex, there's a Jeff Kershner on the phone who isn't a customer and isn't trying to sell you something." 4 hours later, I had a login to DealerRefresh and a new friend.

Thank you for creating this place, Jeff. Thanks for not being afraid to reach out. And can you believe all of this has been happening for so long?

:banana::banana2::dance2::badger::yabuddy::woohoo::woot:

WOW. Happy Birthday DealerRefresh!!

@Alex Snyder , the story never gets old. Another notch on the bumper. SEVENTEEN - what a ride it has been.
Never in a million years would I have thought DealerRefresh would have continued to evolve and still be around 17 years later.

It's come a long way since the days of Typepad blog and a $40.00 template.
BEFORE "social media" was popular.
Before we had iPhones.
Before we could stream video.
Before crypto.

17 Years of industry data, news, resources and best practices. Most of all - the opportunity to meet a shit-ton of awesome people and make new friends.

I can't say it enough - thanks to EVERYONE that's been part of the DealerRefreshers community, now and over the years. We have seen MANY come, go, and come back. It's been the COMMUNITY, the engagement and sharing of information that had made DealerRefresh what it is.

Also THANKS to ALL OF OUR current and past SPONSORS!! They help keep the lights on and the bandwidth flowing.

The industry never stops, always providing content, news and sh!t to talk about. Speaking of sh!t to talk about - keep your eyes open for a design "refresh" around the corner - some cool updates and features coming down the pipeline, so stay tuned.

Catch us tomorrow on RefreshFriday for a little celebration!

:dance2:

17! That is hard to believe. I remember 5 and 10 being impossible milestones ;)

I'm nearing my 20th year in the industry and can trace my career through Refresh. It is a digital scrapbook for me of the most important career highlights with some personal and sentimental moments sprinkled in. I am grateful for you two and the work you've done over the years!

I posted comments under a handle on the blog before the forums went live. I loved sparring with Lightnup and Paul Rushing. I suppose I wasn't confident enough to put my name on my thoughts and opinions, WOW, social media changed the world, right? I WAS confident that my employer at the time would not approve of any employee publicly engaging without their filter. Some things change and then change right back. ;)

Thank you for all that you have brought to the industry through this community...
...and thank you for the community you've created through Refresh within this industry.

17! That is hard to believe. I remember 5 and 10 being impossible milestones ;)

I loved sparring with Lightnup and Paul Rushing.

Thank you for all that you have brought to the industry through this community...
...and thank you for the community you've created through Refresh within this industry.

Yes, Lightnup. It was years after when a gentlemen walked up to me at a conference, striking up a conversion only to drop settle hints that he was the true Lightnup.

Thanks for everything @ryan.leslie

Reactions: ryan.leslie