• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

6600 Dealership Website Hack? - SpinCar At It Again? Clarivoy "hack the dom"

Alexander Lau

Sr. Refresher
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
Great conversation! I particularly find it interesting when @Tognetti says, "As a dealer, why should I give up my lead form data to 3rd parties like Clarivoy?" Are dealers aware of this? Probably not... if I were a dealer, I'd be seeking legal advice.

I agree with Tognetti, how is he being "defamatory?" Laughable... I knew cease and desists were gonna' fly. I should have noted it, before the conversation went any further. "What are they going to do when privacy measures go global (US)," asked @Alex Snyder. These companies are going to be D-E-A-D or they are going to get the shit sued out of them. It's coming and something @Jon Berna mentioned earlier in his explanation of the death of attribution and why he avoided the overall mechanism in the first place.

Filthy!

Reactions: Alex Snyder

Alexander Lau

Sr. Refresher
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
Ohhhh... just a reference, know that SpinCar has been busted for this previously and that was also discovered by Jeffrey Tognetti of Dealer X notoriety.

BUSTED Spincar caught selling dealer data

Last edited:

Alexander Lau

Sr. Refresher
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex

Alexander Lau

Sr. Refresher
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
I'm wondering if you've seen a change within the fraudulent code, that would tell us something @JeffreyTognetti? Renamed, further cloaked?