• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anti-Social behavior from a Social Media Vendor

Shameless Bump of this thread.

Does anyone have a contact at SocialUps that may be able to help out? Ideally, I'd like for this to be a chance for them to get a win and fix this situation for Marc. I suspected they would have reached out to him or posted by now.

If that doesn't happen, what would you do if you were in Marc's shoes and this was your store?

Reactions: 1 person
Shameless Bump of this thread.

Does anyone have a contact at SocialUps that may be able to help out? Ideally, I'd like for this to be a chance for them to get a win and fix this situation for Marc. I suspected they would have reached out to him or posted by now.

If that doesn't happen, what would you do if you were in Marc's shoes and this was your store?

I'd personally contact Facebook, you can send them a copy of your ID as proof or something that they can verify you as the dealer. You know they have contact methods where you can get your "hacked" or taken over account back. And it's surprisingly not too hard. Also if you are dead set on getting it back, go into Google Plus, or Linked In, and find someone working at facebook, track down their phone# and e-mail..

Have you tried calling them and just being honest?

"Hi, I wanted to resolve this before it became a matter of pride for both parties. We appreciate the service that you provided and this isn't a slight at your company. My dealership overvalued facebook’s potential as an asset of revenue on our balance sheet. The liabilities that we incurred from having a 3rd party monitor it full time have over shot our ROI and I am forced to make some changes. Can you bring me up to speed as far as your side of things, has your company been compensated for the set up of our facebook page?
[if yes]
"okay great, so moving forward what can we do to wrap this up? I just want this to get resolved and get our admin stuff back so that we can make sure it's compliant with Hyundai's dealer ad covenant and is up to date."

[if no]
"i had no idea, I'm sorry. what do I owe you? I just want this to get resolved and get our admin stuff back so that we can make sure it's compliant with Hyundai's dealer ad covenant and up is to date."

Sometimes it's best to ask for mercy and act like this is no big deal.

Ryan,

I had a conversation with the folks at Social Dealer and they said they could help. They have a great relationship with facebook and can get the fan page back for the dealer. Call Phil Penton, he'll help your client. You should have his information, if not ping me and I'll give it to you.

Hello Everyone,

I am the General Manager of SocialUPs and I take our reputation very seriously and until our company name was posted here, this thread wasn't hitting our radar.

On 6/3/2011, Derek (Non-Signatory) called to sign-up on behalf of Jason Pilger Hyundai. He was a customer from a previous dealership he worked at and wanted to sign up at the new store he was at. We normally don't require 365 day contracts but Derek insisted that he would sign a 365 contract if we could discount our fees. We agreed to discount our fees to earn the 365 day contract. The company credit card was provided on the contract which told me he was authorized enough to have the company credit card. Derek also mentioned he needed to speak with Jason Pilger (Owner) to get approval.

3 months later Derek was no longer with Jason Pilger Hyundai and Marc Wamsley had taken his place. Because Marc knew nothing of our program he called in to cancel and we explained to him that a 365 day contract was signed. He said he would let the owner know. Jason Pilger called me directly and I offered for him to pay the difference between what a 90 day contract and a 365 day contract would have cost (about $1000 difference). He was extremely rude and said no he won't pay another penny, that he didn't sign the contract. I explained to him that a company credit card was provided and more then likely if a "company" credit card was provided either you knew about it or the person providing the card has sufficient privileges to sign the contract.

A potential customer brought this thread to our attention and I immediately contacted Marc to find out why the entire story wasn't posted. Marc asked what could be done and I explained to him that we wanted the difference between the 90 and 365 day contract. Marc went to his GM and the GM approved to pay us $450 (half of the difference). Marc called and asked if I would meet him in the middle and I agreed because both of us were in the wrong. We didn't make sure an authorized signer signed the agreement and they let an unauthorized signer sign contracts and provide company credit cards. As soon as they pay the $450 we will be adding them back on as admins to the page.

Pardon any spelling/grammer errors. I am a very busy person and stopped my entire day to respond to this post personally. I have 20 people in the conference room waiting for me.

Once again, I take our reputation very seriously and am willing to speak with anyone who has questions about our business decisions. If you ever hear anything negative about our company please feel free to contact me directly for our side of the story.

Respectfully,
Jason Girdner
General Manager
SocialUPs, LLC
(888) 656-3881 Ext 2101