• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anti-Social behavior from a Social Media Vendor

I have a good guess!
I just pm'd you Jerry.

bzweifel said:
Post the vendors name.
These types of things are not won by taking the high road.

I can't brainstorm without details. Everything else is irrelevant unless you want to take them to court.

I didn't want to out them so publicly without a pattern of this kind of behavior. It's stupid business to treat any dealer like this, but I'd sure like to hear from another dealer that experienced the same thing before I start "Thibeau-ing" them ;)

(Just teasing Jerry, I totally support your efforts on the TrueCar front.)

If you don't say the company's name, it won't get indexed and that company won't know they've been seen. Without posting who that company is they don't get a chance to fix it. You're actually doing everyone a disservice here Ryan.

If you don't say the company's name, it won't get indexed and that company won't know they've been seen. Without posting who that company is they don't get a chance to fix it. You're actually doing everyone a disservice here Ryan.

Alex,

You already know I respect you and your opinion. I certainly didn't post this with the intention of doing anyone a disservice. I was hoping to either get this fixed for the dealer or ferret out another victim of a bad policy of this vendor.

I don't want this dealer drug into a "he said, she said" in a public forum. They are actively watching the thread and can jump in if they want to. If anybody knows of another dealer that this is happening to please pm me so we can compare notes. I'm scouring fanpages looking for this graphic and will absolutely post if I find another store being treated that way, but to me, for a vendor to go after a vendor here there needs to be a lot of solid evidence of bad policy, not just bad decisions on one account. What Jerry and others did with TrueCar is a great example of the right way for vendors to help police other vendors. The policy was the issue.

Last thing, if that company expects to have any clout in this industry they are already reading this forum. They should recognize their own graphic and they know I already called their office on this account specifically. They should see where this road is going and take the opportunity to "make it right" NOW! They've already received the warning shots across the bow, but it shouldn't take this to make them do the right thing.

Alex,

You already know I respect you and your opinion. I certainly didn't post this with the intention of doing anyone a disservice. I was hoping to either get this fixed for the dealer or ferret out another victim of a bad policy of this vendor.

I don't want this dealer drug into a "he said, she said" in a public forum. They are actively watching the thread and can jump in if they want to. If anybody knows of another dealer that this is happening to please pm me so we can compare notes. I'm scouring fanpages looking for this graphic and will absolutely post if I find another store being treated that way, but to me, for a vendor to go after a vendor here there needs to be a lot of solid evidence of bad policy, not just bad decisions on one account. What Jerry and others did with TrueCar is a great example of the right way for vendors to help police other vendors. The policy was the issue.

Last thing, if that company expects to have any clout in this industry they are already reading this forum. They should recognize their own graphic and they know I already called their office on this account specifically. They should see where this road is going and take the opportunity to "make it right" NOW! They've already received the warning shots across the bow, but it shouldn't take this to make them do the right thing.

I'm the only one concerned about the fact that the dealer "stopped paying the bill?!!!". Was the vendor supposed to continue providing the services for free? Was the vendor supposed to invest even more money in an account that didn't pay the bill by putting someone in charge of disconnecting the account, apps, etc? Was the vendor maybe hoping that the dealer would call them once they see that warning message in their Facebook account after they stopped paying the bill?

Alex, what is DDC's policy if I stop paying my website bill, I don't engage in communication, and that month there is a factory update where the websites need to be worked on individually? FYI--I'm not calling you personally or DDC nor that I would do the same, just trying to put this into perspective from the vendor's POV.

I am the dealer that Ryan Leslie is referring to about the company Social Ups hijacking our Facebook page. We have ended our relationship with this company for lack of results. They have revoked all admin privileges from me and Jason Pilger from our Facebook page at Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More.

Marc Wamsley
eCommerce Director
Jason Pilger Hyundai
cell: 228-990-3539
fax: 228-522-3432
office: 228-522-3413
[email protected]
Jason Pilger Hyundai | Gautier Hyundai Dealership | Mobile, Gulf Port, Biloxi, Pascagoula | Jason Pilger Hyundai | Mississippi

Short version of the story is that a staff member without signatory authority signed an agreement on behalf of the dealer. The employee is no longer employed by the dealer and the dealer cancels the service after seeing little return and failure to deliver on the salespitch.

In the other thread people said this never happens..
There's proof that it does happen from time to time.