• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Alex.Lemoing

Give Away Artist
Jul 15, 2013
First Name
Alexandre
Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone is using Google Data Studio and doing their SEO in-house but I wanted to share with you this template I've created. It will help you get started with linking your data from Googe Search Console to Data Studio.

Follow the link below to get your template and see a step by step instruction on how to set it up.

Google Data Studio Free Template

This is just a starter template so if anyone has ideas on how to make it even better, I'd love to hear your feedback. Thanks!

Google+Data+Studio+template+for+Search+Console

Reactions: nminh.hoang1023
Nice. Just started playing with Data Studio today. How long has it been available?
Will give your template a try!
Thanks Karen, I believe it's been out for about 9 months? I've been using it a lot for all my clients, it makes it super easy to create cool looking and interactive reports. Let me know If the template makes sense. There was a few Data source that you don't need but I was unable to get rid of them for some reason. You should only use the first data source. Thanks!

Yes we are wrapping up the creation of our internal reports now!

Since most of our dealerships have an OEM mandated website and then a second primary website we use SuperMetrics to combine our two website analytics into one Google Sheet and then have Data Studio pull the data from Google Sheets.

In addition to our website data, we're pulling in Adwords metrics, Google My Business, Google Search Console, Facebook Ads, Reputation data, and Moz metrics. We're also exporting our 3rd party listing site data (Autotrader, Cars.com, etc) into Google Sheets and pulling that into a Google Data Studio report so our management team has all of the data they could ever need within a single report. There are about 15 different pages to the report but there's a simple summary page with our most important KPI's for the less tech savvy managers.

It's been a big undertaking to setup initially but it will allow each store to view real live time stats and easily visualize trends. Also frees my time up substantially to actually do the work that will generate results instead of the time consuming task each month of putting together reports that take me away from generating results.

Attachments

• report.JPG
    report.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 23
  • reputation.JPG
    reputation.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 21
Those of you using Supermetrics, what products and modules do you use? Drive, Grabber, Functions, Uploader . Pro/Super Pro? And it seems like you would need most/all of the modules to make it really hum. Are we looking at $300-$400/month+ all-in?

Those of you using Supermetrics, what products and modules do you use? Drive, Grabber, Functions, Uploader . Pro/Super Pro? And it seems like you would need most/all of the modules to make it really hum. Are we looking at $300-$400/month+ all-in?
Hi Mark, nope I'm just using the Supermetrics for Google Drive Pro plan for $49 /month:
https://supermetrics.com/product/supermetrics-for-google-drive/

The Supermetrics data grabber tools are a la carte and only work with Microsoft Excel which you won't be able to access from Data Studio. The price difference between the Google Drive and Excel versions is definitely crazy. Luckily you only need the less expensive Google Drive (Sheets) subscription.

Thanks! I'm hoping the combination of Supermetrics and Google Drive will allow me to report across dozens of websites/dealerships in one report, instead of creating dozens of separate reports. Something AdWords/Analytics can't do out of the box.

Thanks! I'm hoping the combination of Supermetrics and Google Drive will allow me to report across dozens of websites/dealerships in one report, instead of creating dozens of separate reports. Something AdWords/Analytics can't do out of the box.
Are you looking to aggregate a stat from multiple analytics / adwords accounts?

The way I set it up was I created a Google Sheets tab for each account source and named it appropriately. Then I setup a daily supermetrics data query to pull yesterday's data for each tab. Then I created a Google Sheets tab that combined the like-stats from each account tab using a simple sheets formula. Finally I used Google Data studio to pull the data from this combined google sheet tab.

A lot of work to get setup and plenty of opportunities to make simple mistakes but once it's setup it will make your life (and the clients) way easier!