• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CDK Sites Launch New Price Watch Button

6RzGstG.png

So yesterday I was doing some changes to one of our sites and I see that on our VDP's there is a new button that says "Price Watch". I click it and it pops open a nice little box that says to enter my email address to get updates when the price of this vehicle changes. I'm thinking to myself "Awesome, i've been asking for stuff like this for 3 years".

I put in my email address and it says to go check my email. I go check my email and there is a nice looking email that basically asks me to Opt-In to get price notifications. At this point I'm stoked because this is the kind of stuff that is a marketers dream.

So i opt in and it takes me to a thank you page back on my website.

Here's where the whole thing falls down.

I go check my CRM to see how this stuff comes across because it isn't really a lead email address as much as a "ok to market to" email address.

Long story short the notification never comes in. I call to CDK and ask whats the deal with this thing. Without going to deep in the weeds. The email address never comes to the dealer. Where it goes nobody really knows.

I can't even begin to explain how absolutely insane this all is.

So what better place to share it than on Refresh and see if anyone knows any more than I do about this.

I sent myself a test lead on the "Price Watch" feature today, and like you no lead came through. After talking to CDK, it turns out that the email address in their lead management was defunct, a prior employee's. After that was corrected and my email was added, another test lead did come through. They only come through if the user checks the box to opt in for the dealer to contact them, though. Otherwise a lead is not sent.

• Useful
Reactions: Jeff Kershner