• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Evolving Call to Actions - should ePrice die?

@Tarry Shebesta in fairness, I edited my original response so please review. If I had a dime for every vendor that claimed to be the silver bullet behind a dealer's success....

I'm just asking that you show your data for the claim of "most proven".

Totally agree Dan! I've been in the business now 31 years, back when we started the first Online Automall on a BBS with a Tandy computer. :)

Generally, we see these types of stats from dealers that report to us:

Increased lead volume 25 to 40%
Lead engagement over 75%
Appointment to Show over 80%
Closing ratios average 20%
Front end Profit increased by 25%
Back end Profit increased by 33%

Attached are some additional metrics.

There is a suite of products under GRAIL® DXP that will vary greatly on how they are used on dealer websites and social media.

GRAIL® DXP (Digital Experience Platform) combines pertinent shopping/buying website CTA elements (DriveItNow® inventory payment buttons, tru Shop-by-Payment® Facebook campaigns, tru Equity™ trade-In tool, tru Pre-Qualify™ instantly, and tru Express Checkout™)

Happy to discuss further offline.
truPayments stats.png

Totally agree Dan! I've been in the business now 31 years, back when we started the first Online Automall on a BBS with a Tandy computer. :)

Generally, we see these types of stats from dealers that report to us:

Increased lead volume 25 to 40%
Lead engagement over 75%
Appointment to Show over 80%
Closing ratios average 20%
Front end Profit increased by 25%
Back end Profit increased by 33%

Attached are some additional metrics.

There is a suite of products under GRAIL® DXP that will vary greatly on how they are used on dealer websites and social media.

GRAIL® DXP (Digital Experience Platform) combines pertinent shopping/buying website CTA elements (DriveItNow® inventory payment buttons, tru Shop-by-Payment® Facebook campaigns, tru Equity™ trade-In tool, tru Pre-Qualify™ instantly, and tru Express Checkout™)

Happy to discuss further offline.
View attachment 5196
Those are great numbers @Tarry Shebesta but in keeping with the topic of CTA and buttons, is the magic in getting a couple or more CTAs within a single clickable image? You have "Drive It Now" and "explore payment (implied with a shown payment)" and "Pre-Qualify" on the SRP within a single clickable image. On the VDP for this dealer, they are separated out:
truPayment_CTA.png

Which of those buttons, separate, have the highest Click?

Those are great numbers @Tarry Shebesta but in keeping with the topic of CTA and buttons, is the magic in getting a couple or more CTAs within a single clickable image? You have "Drive It Now" and "explore payment (implied with a shown payment)" and "Pre-Qualify" on the SRP within a single clickable image. On the VDP for this dealer, they are separated out:
View attachment 5197

Which of those buttons, separate, have the highest Click?
The better question - why do they have 2 "Digital Retailing" tools on their website - Gubagoo VR and Tarry's company? Talk about a poor customer experience.

Reactions: Dan Sayer
Carvana's entire business model and marketing is geared towards buying a car online, yet they don't even use a "Buy Now" CTA and instead opt for "Get Started."

View attachment 5200
In review, and these are from the VDP pages, Cavana:

Carvana_CTA.png

Vroom

Vroom_CTA.png

CarMax

CarMax_CTA.png

Echo Park - I was surprised by this one and the "Extend Warranty" button is interesting.

Echo_Park_CTA.png

Roadster Dealer before you even have to click three more times to get to the Roadster page....

Honda_Store_VDP_Roaster.png

and a DI OnlineShopper Dealer before you eventually get to the Online Shopper page once it looooads.

Toyota_Dealer_OnlineShopper.png

BOOM :heart::rocks::light:

One simple call to action.
Does Carvana get away with such a simple CTA because customers already know what they’re “getting started” because of their marketing?

At your average run of the mill dealership a customer would have no clue what “Get Started” could entail (and are probably dreading getting the process started...maybe “Get it over with” would perform better :)).