• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Inventory Management - What's your Favorite Feature?

WillMcG32

Getting Refreshed
Apr 7, 2011
First Name
Will
Over the years, I used most of these systems. My favorite was Homenet and my least favorite was vAuto. With Homenet you rename the files and batch load them which is very fast. vAuto is slow and a nightmare if you have a lot of vehicles to load and God help you if you want to sort them after loaded.
I'm somewhat a perfectionist. I always edit my pictures before loading them. I will crop, brighten, darken and sharpen ones as needed.
Good news, Mr. Davis. Over the next few months you will see more integration with HomeNet and vAuto. Considering vAuto's main function is to help dealers identify opportunities to maximize gross profit on individual cars and HomeNet's main function is merchandising; we are focused on bringing the best of both worlds to our dealers.

ddavis

Sr. Refresher
Jun 28, 2011
First Name
Doug
Good news, Mr. Davis. Over the next few months you will see more integration with HomeNet and vAuto. Considering vAuto's main function is to help dealers identify opportunities to maximize gross profit on individual cars and HomeNet's main function is merchandising; we are focused on bringing the best of both worlds to our dealers.
I hope you are right but I have seen too many good companies that were gobbled up and then turned to shit. Don't get me wrong, I was always a fan of AutoTrader because it worked for me and I could easily justify the cost but how long since they purchased Homenet and vAuto?