1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Inventory Management - What's your Favorite Feature?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Merchandising & Inventory Software' started by Jeff Kershner, Jul 9, 2016.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. Rick Buffkin

Rick Buffkin
    Expand Collapse
    Sausage King of Chicago

First Name:
    Rick
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Beaman Automotive Group
    I've always ran into issues with having consistent pricing with SCD and everyone else. This is actually the 2nd notification about GM moving to only SCD getting pricing from CDK. After the first one I went through the motions and set it up. CDK will export the pricing for you after the rebates have discounted the Dealer sales price. I can't remember the field name it's called. But, they will export that for you. You just have to use their OEM specials to apply the rebates. So far it seems to be working and everything is consistent for me. I have a Data conversion applying the selling price before incentives and populating Misc Price 3 field. Right before the export goes out, they do a export conversion and map Misc Price 3 to CDK's template for the selling price. Once the inventory goes to CDK, rebates get deducted from the selling price and gets exported back to homenet and that price gets mapped into Internet Price and then it goes out to the web. It's crazy, but it works!!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Chris Leslie

Chris Leslie
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Chris K
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Heinrich Auto Group
    Twitter Handle:
    @chriskleslie
  4. Chris Leslie

Chris Leslie
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Chris K
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Heinrich Auto Group
    Twitter Handle:
    @chriskleslie
    Does it work for those special cars too that have extra incentives?

5. Rick Buffkin

Rick Buffkin
    Expand Collapse
    Sausage King of Chicago

First Name:
    Rick
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Beaman Automotive Group
    @Chris Leslie@Chris Leslie Yes. I'm sure you've ran into the issues with GM applying sale prices on specific vehicles on your website that override everything you do (They do with me anyways). That pricing is only in Global connect or somewhere in their data base and only CDK is the ones getting that sales price. Well, using their export, you can now get that net selling price because it populates the same price field after the rebates have been applied. An issue I ran into last month for our area was, GM offered an additional $1,000 on Dbl Cab Sierra 1500's. That incentive for whatever reason didn't show in CDK's OEM specials. I simply created a New Car special and applied it to that specific model and bodystyle and had it set to show in the Ribbon in my specials and what happened was, the site deducted the OEM specials first from our sale price and it also included and deducted the special I built and deducted the additional $1,000 and placed the net price after all incentives and specials in that feature price field on the website. Thats the price field they can export back to your inventory provider. You have to call and request it. They do not export that price field automatically.

6. Jlewis74

Jlewis74
    Expand Collapse
    Jr. Refresher

First Name:
    Jeremy
    Twitter Handle:
    jeremyl74
    I am a little partial but being that I came from retail and used them all, there is a reason I choose to work for one of them! Inventory Plus from DealerSocket. I will point out a few things that we offer that others do not. We are going to show you real transactional data from sales in a certain mile radius of your store. So you are seeing real data, not just a guess of what something sold for since it was listed online for that price. We will also syndicate your inventory to all 3rd party sites and your website with SEO rich content, you can take your photos from the app, print your custom window stickers and AS/IS stickers from the system.

We also provide you will buy/sell list based off of real data from your area and your on sales history, so every list is unique to the dealer, we are not going to tell all the dealers in a certain area to go buy the same car to drive up prices at the auction.

IF you are taking your own photos at the store and printing your own stickers, we can do it all, no need to have 2-3 different programs or having to pay so many people!

7. AutoAng

AutoAng
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Angela
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerCue
    Twitter Handle:
    @DealerCue
    RevCue- https://dealercue.com/revcue/

Features
    *Buildable easy to use description Writer
    *Automatically pulls available options and installed options from VIN
    *Appraisals done in VinCue can be pushed to Inventory Management tool from appraisal
    *Integrates with All DMS systems and can Push to all Websites and third parties
    *Lower cost for the inventory management tool alone as well as for the entire product suite vs the competition.
    *Custom Overlays, Window Stickers, Editable Buyers Guides and more available

8. Jeff Kershner

Jeff Kershner
    Expand Collapse
    Founder

First Name:
    Jeff
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh & Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown
    Thanks for adding Angela.

9. craigh

craigh
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

First Name:
    Craig
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Vicimus Inc
    Twitter Handle:
    craighooghiem
    RevCue is RCI and CDK certified?

10. AutoAng

AutoAng
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Angela
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerCue
    Twitter Handle:
    @DealerCue
    To answer your question, we currently have clients on RevCue using both Reynolds and Reynolds and CDK. In the best interest of our clients we will integrate with anyone they request. If you know an interested dealership with these DMS systems feel free to have them email me directly at [email protected]. Thanks for the response! Happy Holidays

11. ddavis

ddavis
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Doug
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Retired
    Over the years, I used most of these systems. My favorite was Homenet and my least favorite was vAuto. With Homenet you rename the files and batch load them which is very fast. vAuto is slow and a nightmare if you have a lot of vehicles to load and God help you if you want to sort them after loaded.
    I'm somewhat a perfectionist. I always edit my pictures before loading them. I will crop, brighten, darken and sharpen ones as needed.