• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Great Thread, bump to the top

Ryan & the group,
I want to isolate dealer traffic to the website. I like to see it both ways, without internal and look at internal only. Any one doing this? Care to share how to set it up? I am a GA4, generations digital user.
In Universal Analytics, you would need to create a new view and set up a filter that includes only the dealership IP address(es).

Couple things to note: This would only apply moving forward, it's not retroactive, and only work until the UA sunset date of July 1, 2023.

1674485751903.png

Reactions: joe.pistell
TY @Ryan Everson. My instincts are telling me that dealer site activity of dealer staff (sales and BDC) may produce the data for 'most likely to sell'. I'd like to dive into this. Have you had a chance?
That's an interesting thought I hadn't considered, but yes, that sounds likely!

Your salespeople's most viewed vehicles on your website are today's equivalent of the cars parked within easy walking distance of the showroom.

Internal traffic visibility thoughts:
  • Shoppers have product questions, reps look at the VDP (phone ups and email ups)
  • Reps have appointments, they prep looking at the VDP
  • New Arrivals come in, reps look at the VDPs.
Who cares how many VDP's a vin has if its not selling.....yet that is how so many 3rd party vendors grade their worth...driving vdp's....eye candy vins are always going to generate vdp's...doesn't mean somene is buying it today or this month..

Reactions: ASuave
HAHA How would ChatGPT answer Ebenn?

1st, you need to prompt ChatGPT to understand the setting of the conversation:
You are a retailer of automobiles. You are wise leader. On social media someone posted this. Craft a reply that is snarky & sarcastic and add humor
Who cares how many VDP's a vin has if its not selling.....yet that is how so many 3rd party vendors grade their worth...driving vdp's....eye candy vins are always going to generate vdp's...doesn't mean somene is buying it today or this month..

ChatGPT Reply:
"Oh, you're worried about VDP's? Don't worry, we've got plenty of those. In fact, we've got so many we're using them as wallpaper in our physical showroom. But you're right, who cares about those pesky things? I mean, it's not like they're an important metric for determining a vehicle's popularity or anything. Oh wait, never mind. Our bad. But hey, at least we have a physical showroom where you can come and see the cars in person, unlike those pesky online-only dealers. So, come on down and check it out. We promise not to use the VDP's as coasters for your coffee."
That reply is 100% @Alex Snyder approved :) hahahahhaa

There have been countless studies done that demonstrate that VDP views are typically a leading indicator of a sale.

There are of course always the exception, where unique "eye candy" vins will receive an unwarranted number of VDP views that do not translate into a sale. But those are the exception, not the rule.

Reactions: ASuave
A merchant knows that the digital showroom is an on ramp to the physical showroom. The merchant measures and evaluates both show rooms to monitor his performance.

The merchant knows traffic doesn't sell products, but, products can't sell without traffic. So, getting eye balls on product important. The merchant also knows, in both showrooms, that the wrong products, the wrong prices, or worse, a strong competitor will cause it's shoppers to NOT deeply engage with the products.

Traffic & Engagement matters... instore and digitally.

Last edited: