• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
@Rick Buffkin Sorry, that was not my intent as I stated it even in my post. I agree with your questions posted about what's important.

@Jenna Popp whatever CRM you choose, make sure you can track your "text to email ratio". Target 1:1 minimum. Personalized video should be about 5 per sales person per day minimum. Engagement with those two tools alone should get you about 50-60% engagement with just your internet leads. Talk to more people = Selling more cars. Good luck.

• Useful
Reactions: Rick Buffkin
@Steve Roessler, No worries brother. We (dealership reps) get pitched daily on tools and products from vendors. It gets frustrating at certain points. Everyone is pulling at you for 5 mins of your time. Now, they've cut it down to 45 secs of your time! :) The second part of your post is great advice!!!
@Jenna Popp whatever CRM you choose, make sure you can track your "text to email ratio". Target 1:1 minimum. Personalized video should be about 5 per sales person per day minimum. Engagement with those two tools alone should get you about 50-60% engagement with just your internet leads. Talk to more people = Selling more cars. Good luck.

Do you have any other advice you could pass on to @Jpopp1719 at things to look for? Maybe a quick check list??

Is this a data tracking metric? Like have an SMS-opted-in phone number for every customer?

@Alex Snyder Yes, I'm educating more people on this metric. When you monitor sales people activity, you should be able to see the number of emails sent out as well as texts. If you don't, you cannot messure it. Yes, you have to get opt in of course but the point is to educate your sales people that Text is the NEW Email. That should be in ALL of our word tracks. Once you do that, it is easy to get a 1:1 ratio. I see sales people as high as 6:1.

The a subset of data that i researched shows a 3:1 ratio was found for internets leads that closed. 7:1 was Text to Phone. What does that data mean? We have to earn the right for a phone call via text. Make sense?

@Steve Roessler, No worries brother. We (dealership reps) get pitched daily on tools and products from vendors. It gets frustrating at certain points. Everyone is pulling at you for 5 mins of your time. Now, they've cut it down to 45 secs of your time! :) The second part of your post is great advice!!!

Do you have any other advice you could pass on to @Jpopp1719 at things to look for? Maybe a quick check list??

Sure. @Jenna Popp Talk to the customer within 14 days. Just Talk! Text, phone, email and video in the first 14 days. 80% of customers buy a car in that time. If your CRM doesn't track engagement, build a spreadsheet by your people. Track how customers are communicating back to your store and communicate on their method of communication and mark it in your CRM. It's all about the experience for a customer these days and communication is key to know.

Spiffs are a big part of culture changes. The dealers I know spiff on 100 personalized videos per month = $100. One example. I would also encourage a text to email spiff as well so people are texting in the CRM.

I appreciate all of the feedback each of you have provided. We have been working on this as a leadership team for a few months now and we are getting down to final decisions. I am surprised there was not many comments on Oplogic.

I'm guessing because most of us have never heard of Oplogic. I didn't until I caught wind that the Toyota dealership that's part of the group I'm with had signed up with them. They start the install next month, I believe. My fingers are crossed for them.

No FREAKING way I would make a CRM change with a 60%+ veteran sales team that's been using a different CRM for 10+ years - heading into the busy season...

Who does that?