• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Seeking innovative pay plan ideas for internet sales managers

Matt, I believe that common sense tells us that customers sort by price. I have heard arguments to the contrary. I view display advertising on Cars.com and AutoTrader like my print ads. I doubt there is a dealer in America that would advertise their cars in the paper at list price. Good descriptions, nice pictures, videos, links to reviews, a call to action......
Change those descriptions featuring the most important features up front. On new vehicles build a library. I used Wordpad to avoid any formatting. I had a list of all of the option packages and what they contained.

Need some clarification on building the library and what you mean by that. I 100% agree with you on the pricing thing. Im impatient when searching and don't make it past the first 2 pages on a good day when I know what I am looking for and I assume most people don't either.

It comes down to the roles and responsibilities and what you want this person to do you cant give a performance base pay if you have them maintain websites writing content updating twittering facebooking so on and so forth is this person is strickly to deal with income ineternet leads and all he does is works customers and wont be asked to update auto trader weekly cars.com facebook websites training other staff then you can give a base preformance pay however if this person wears many hats such as most BDC personal often does some times these task take away from customer focuse and pulling them in but at the same time these task are just as important. I find this often with BDC what is it exactly our roles are??? I can desk a deal Finanace a deal close a deal oh wait but this week i am working on moving our website to a new platform added in call bright and have to have a training session with the team on that then I have to send email work with my cars.com vendor on a new contract cause they are raising prices so while i am doing this its taking away from me making my money if it werent for my base pay I would be BROKE if I had all these roles to do plus smile dial and sell.

It comes down to the roles and responsibilities and what you want this person to do you cant give a performance base pay if you have them maintain websites writing content updating twittering facebooking so on and so forth is this person is strickly to deal with income ineternet leads and all he does is works customers and wont be asked to update auto trader weekly cars.com facebook websites training other staff then you can give a base preformance pay however if this person wears many hats such as most BDC personal often does some times these task take away from customer focuse and pulling them in but at the same time these task are just as important. I find this often with BDC what is it exactly our roles are??? I can desk a deal Finanace a deal close a deal oh wait but this week i am working on moving our website to a new platform added in call bright and have to have a training session with the team on that then I have to send email work with my cars.com vendor on a new contract cause they are raising prices so while i am doing this its taking away from me making my money if it werent for my base pay I would be BROKE if I had all these roles to do plus smile dial and sell.

Christina, You are valuable because you can do all those things. Most can't. Do you think that you are supposed to have a life outside of the car business? What's gotten into ya?

Reactions: 1 person
Christina, You are valuable because you can do all those things. Most can't. Do you think that you are supposed to have a life outside of the car business? What's gotten into ya?
your right i dont have one of those with a 60 mile commute one way :D I wouldnt trade it for the world however there are days where it is frustrating when some of what I know and do goes un-noticed

Reactions: 1 person