• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

SEO 101 For Dealers

Quick suggestion....Give guidelines to dealers. Like description shouldn't be longer then....your title tag shouldn't be longer then....your keywords shouldn't be longer then. You get it? I like it though. Thanks for giving the control to the dealer. Says a lot about your site.

Speaking of control by the dealer, is there value in terms of SEO for putting links to other high profile organizations on your site to increase your rating?

I used this example in another thread, not for SEO, but if your dealer was involved with a group like Habitat for Humanity, would having a page on your site, perhaps on your ABOUT page that blogs about your work with Habitat do anything for you in relation to SEO?

I know the value it has for visitors, but Im curious if having a their banner on your site would help search results.

Speaking of control by the dealer, is there value in terms of SEO for putting links to other high profile organizations on your site to increase your rating?

I used this example in another thread, not for SEO, but if your dealer was involved with a group like Habitat for Humanity, would having a page on your site, perhaps on your ABOUT page that blogs about your work with Habitat do anything for you in relation to SEO?

I know the value it has for visitors, but Im curious if having a their banner on your site would help search results.

Based on my knowledge I don't believe so. If they link back to you...now were talking. You are getting into the page rank world now. I won't go into page rank right now but I don't believe you are going to help yourself by adding links to high profile sites unless they link back.

I am working on a small project where I am adding pics with tags to certain spots on my website. Its quick and simple (of course I am running into a few issues) I don't know if this is helping or not. I am a newbie ISM. Let me know what you think...

New Vehicle Showroom Page You have to scoll down a ways. I have to call Dealer.com to figure out why that is the way it is.

I am working on a small project where I am adding pics with tags to certain spots on my website. Its quick and simple (of course I am running into a few issues) I don't know if this is helping or not. I am a newbie ISM. Let me know what you think...

New Vehicle Showroom Page You have to scoll down a ways. I have to call Dealer.com to figure out why that is the way it is.

I like your page, and Ive visited my share. Its clean, and bright. But again, these are my personal tastes, someone else may prefer black sites, which I see a lot of.

What happened to your Chat? I could of sworn it was there when I visited earlier?

+ you've got BUC!

Yep looks good! Go to your home page and hover over the image for quick quote. It reads quickquote.jpeg or something to that effect.

I like your page, and Ive visited my share. Its clean, and bright. But again, these are my personal tastes, someone else may prefer black sites, which I see a lot of.

What happened to your Chat? I could of sworn it was there when I visited earlier?

+ you've got BUC!

I will answer that for you...It's presence aware. The chat feature monitors when you are at your computer and when you are not. Kind of like your screen saver. When you leave your computer chat removes itself from the website.

Does dealer.com use presence?

Last edited:
For those players that are too d*amn busy, and you want to build a wordpress site. FIND YOURSELF A PERSONAL GURU. They can build a site that done in days vs. your efforts that could easily be weeks and months to get right.

If you prefer a DIY adventure but need to speed things up, FIND YOURSELF A PERSONAL GURU and while they are building out your game plan, you can build your own site(s).

CONTENT IS KING.
You've got to fill that site up with lots of rich info to attract traffic. A SEO freindly site is getting very very easy to build, It's the content that is a pain in the *ss. Look at Alex's gigantic effort http://www.checkeredflag.com/index.htm

Your time is not infinite.
Work your strengths, while your creating articles, let your guru build you a site. Look at our pal Jeff K's site here. Jeff is super smart, but he hired out the cite build allowing him to concentrate on US!

Just my $0.02

Last edited:
GURU Reccomendation: Umer.autojini

He's the boss, lead programmer, receptionist and head bottle washer :).
Umer is super smart, highly experienced and specializes in our industry. We are working together on a huge PPC campaign and I am very pleased with with everything to date.

Let me know what you think...

New Vehicle Showroom Page You have to scoll down a ways.

Brent,

Ask Dealer.com if it has a 2 column layout where you have a tall, thin, left hand navigation column (to place the factory logos into). Moving these will raise the auto pics to the top of the page. GOAL: Get your most desireable items "above the fold".

Look for this 2 column layout for many of your internal pages, example: http://www.holmauto.com/used-inventory/index.htm?reset=InventoryListing (move text left (put special offers image at the top), this allows the inventory selection images rise to the top. Eyes prefer to look at pics and use text to support pics.

Pics of your cars have no lables. I clicked the red aveo (i was thinking it was a VW) and it took me to 2010 Camaros.