• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

SEO 101 For Dealers

Ask Dealer.com if it has a 2 column layout where you have a tall, thin, left hand navigation column (to place the factory logos into).

They do. If you're on the current DDC Control Center 5 platform, you should be able to add a new page to your website. In the site editor section the button to add a new page is in the top right corner. You'll have to ask about redoing old pages - I've never tried it because we built our site with the 75/25%-two-pane setup from the get-go.

These are the page setup options when you click that button:

49-picture-1.png

Brent,

Ask Dealer.com if it has a 2 column layout where you have a tall, thin, left hand navigation column (to place the factory logos into). Moving these will raise the auto pics to the top of the page. GOAL: Get your most desireable items "above the fold".

Look for this 2 column layout for many of your internal pages, example: http://www.holmauto.com/used-inventory/index.htm?reset=InventoryListing (move text left (put special offers image at the top), this allows the inventory selection images rise to the top. Eyes prefer to look at pics and use text to support pics.

Pics of your cars have no lables. I clicked the red aveo (i was thinking it was a VW) and it took me to 2010 Camaros.

Great feedback Joe! I am glad you offered your 2 cents. I agree with everything you said. Here is the reason I am doing this.....not to have dealer personal build websites but to hold accountable those who do. The lack of ownership for dealership websites is remarkable. Dealers throw something up add inventory and sit on it. Trusting the site provider did what they should have done to have your site rank. Of course you need to pay them for this service but what if you didn't even know what to pay for or what all needed to be done. This can also be looked at as a value post for all SEO packages that site providers offer. If dealers see how much is involved they may see the value in it and start exploring knowing what to ask and how to ask it.

Trust me there are many website providers out there that don't have a clue about SEO.

Thanks for your input! I don't really see a lot of people that are interested in this any way. There are only a hand full of people commenting so I am probably wasting time.

They do. If you're on the current DDC Control Center 5 platform, you should be able to add a new page to your website. In the site editor section the button to add a new page is in the top right corner. You'll have to ask about redoing old pages - I've never tried it because we built our site with the 75/25%-two-pane setup from the get-go.

These are the page setup options when you click that button:

49-picture-1.png

Alex,

I like your site a lot! Good job with it. How much time do you spend on a daily basis keeping it up? Do you do it or do you outsource it?

Joe, Did you click on the factory logos? They are really kind of the highlight to the page "Vehicle Showroom" My main goal with the photos at the bottom was to have more pics with tags. Really I don't care if a person sees the photos. I just want the spiders to.

The Aveo takes you to our listing of new Chevys. Would have set the target as Aveos but I don't have any after C4C.

I think to change the layout I would have to redo the entire page.

Its getting to the point where I may consider a GURU but I am learning a lot with the do-it-yourself approach.

I will answer that for you...It's presence aware. The chat feature monitors when you are at your computer and when you are not. Kind of like your screen saver. When you leave your computer chat removes itself from the website.

Does dealer.com use presence?

I dont think that was the case in this instance, I think he isnt currently running it on his page.

Im glad most are presence aware, or click actuated, because Ive sometimes got 15 tabs open, and that would be a nightmare.