• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Volunteer your Dealership Website!!

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
We have been discussing a new Series for RefreshFriday where myself, Alex and another industry professional will go live and audit a community members dealership website. We will look at several elements of your website such has Navigation, Content, SRP and VDP with call to actions and placement, 3rd Party plug-in placement, Merchandising and more..

Volunteer your dealer website in the comments below!!

Reactions: ChrisR
Uncle Joe is on the panel ;-)

Dealers, post your site here we'll pick one/two to walk thru your site, page by page and talk about things like:
  • Does you Home Page pass the 5 second rule?
  • Does Your Website Sell Your Store Experience? (you can buy a Ford anywhere, why buy from me! ;-)
  • Does Your Website Sell Cars? (or sell leads?)
  • What cool things have you done to sell more cars?
  • Are you a lead gen junkie?
  • How do you stack up to your competitors?
  • Any easy fixes?
  • ...and many more
This walk thru could be very interesting for EVERYONE. We welcome the live audience to contribute with ideas they like and dis-like and when we make an observation, plz feel free to ask questions!

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnDismukes
Uncle Joe is on the panel ;-)

Dealers, post your site here we'll pick one/two to walk thru your site, page by page and talk about things like:
  • Does you Home Page pass the 5 second rule?
  • Does Your Website Sell Your Store Experience? (you can buy a Ford anywhere, why buy from me! ;-)
  • Does Your Website Sell Cars?
  • What cool things have you done to sell more cars?
  • Are you a lead gen junkie?
  • How do you stack up to your competitors?
  • Any easy fixes?
  • ...and many more
This walk thru could be very interesting for EVERYONE. We welcome the live audience to contribute with ideas they like and dis-like and when we make an observation, plz feel free to ask questions!
I look forward to seeing your recommendations. This is a great idea.

Reactions: joe.pistell
Topics on my mind...

There are 2 types of car shoppers
  1. They know your store
  2. They don't know your store
Sounds stupidly simple, but it's a very powerful analysis weapon. "They know your store" are far far easier to winover for a repeat buy. Your website and photos can be subpar and most won't judge you. On the other hand, the "They don't know your store" is where the hard work is aimed at, and, if it's done well, it'll bring in new faces and new repeat buyers :)

I'll mention "They don't know your store" in our walk thrus.

p.s. that loosely connects to 'They don't know your Make/Model". Let's say you are a FORD store. You'll have an audience on you site that have NEVER owned a Ford [insert model name here] before. This group needs extra consideration too.

Last edited: