• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What in the Heck is Going On With my Dealer.com sites in Google SRP's?????

I think prob the root of all this BS is having two separate websites. One for desktop and one for mobile. If you start thinking about, who else in our industry is doing this practice other than DDC?? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head. Thats prob why it's isolated to their platform and why we can't find and why they can't provide examples of any other platform provider thats having these issues.

I can think of a whole bunch of DDC folks who would argue for their "two-site" "seamless" structure. And I remember many arguments around it. If your theory is correct, Rick, it could be a crushing blow to their platform.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Ummmmm.... Is that a listing for a freaking Canada dealership?!?!?!? Dang!! DDC better go back to freaking drawing board!!!

Dang! 585 Results!!
---------------------------------

This shit is getting better for me to! This is the first that I've seen where google is indexing images related to the other dealer as well!!!

upload_2018-7-24_11-39-25.png

@craigh Thank you for showing that to me!! Right now for me, the ironic part is, I have some account manager there at DDC who is calling and emailing me about some feature that we have and we're currently on a trial version that ends next month and my monthly bill will increase by $2,400 yearly if we decide to keep using this feature!!!

Reactions: craigh
I can only imagine.
I would love to get called into a situation like this - such a fun puzzle to solve.

The real dilemma is that it appears to only be Google. I can't find other search engines indexing this at all.
I truly believe this is just too much similar content for too long on too many sites on the same hosting service.

NEW UPDATE AFTER SENDING SCREENSHOT:

"
Since this is a Google caching issue and not an issue with our platform, we are trying to see what helps remove you from this situation with Google. One of the items that appears to be working are working with pages that are not being utilized. I will work with Sarah and leadership to go through our platform generated pages and redirect or no-follow them. We will be in touch soon with a plan.
"

NEW UPDATE AFTER SENDING SCREENSHOT:

"
Since this is a Google caching issue and not an issue with our platform, we are trying to see what helps remove you from this situation with Google. One of the items that appears to be working are working with pages that are not being utilized. I will work with Sarah and leadership to go through our platform generated pages and redirect or no-follow them. We will be in touch soon with a plan.
"
That's a bunch of bullshit. Their platform isn't conforming to the indexing requirements of Google. This is not a Google issue.

Reactions: Rick Buffkin